Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
22,777 Posts
The coming Elantra Sport Turbo and the next Elantra GT sport will finally get an independant rear suspension. That is cool.
Should improve the ride quality. "Allegedly," I'm told. Although the ride quality in my 2017 I find to be quite remarkable. And smooth. Did I mention quiet? Reasons I want to drive the new Sport to see if it's "all they say it is."

·
Registered
69 Posts
Should improve the ride quality. "Allegedly," I'm told. Although the ride quality in my 2017 I find to be quite remarkable. And smooth. Did I mention quiet? Reasons I want to drive the new Sport to see if it's "all they say it is."
My parents have a regular AD, I have driven that now as well as having the MD for quite a time before the Sport. The difference from MD-AD in ride quality, handling, responsiveness, and NVH is absolutely noticeable. The same level of jump from 'normal' AD to IRS-AD is that level again, you have to drive one to really understand it. The NVH is similar, but the rest is again on another level.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New 2017 Elantra Sport Owner

Hey guys!

I picked up a brand new 2017 Elantra Sport DCT base on Thursday March 9th.
This is my first new car purchase ever and I am absolutely in love with it.
I traded in my crapbox 2012 Chrysler 200S and I can say I am so happy to have this as my prior car was an unreliable piece of junk.
Dealer wanted 26,895 (dealer added options), sticker price was 23895, and they misadvertised it for 21895.
Got it for 21895-discounts and before financing and it was 19585.
I got a great deal on it and I cannot tell you how amazing it is!

Smooth, fast and drives amazingly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hey guys!

I traded in my crapbox 2012 Chrysler 200S and I can say I am so happy to have this as my prior car was an unreliable piece of junk.
Dealer wanted 26,895 (dealer added options), sticker price was 23895, and they misadvertised it for 21895.

Sweet choice! Considering your other post as noted just moments ago....I'm wondering which dealership you made your purchase; well? There appears to be several gaps in the LA/OC area with a decent dealership. It's somewhat difficult to discover knowledgeable employees willing to make a decent effort.

·
22,777 Posts
Hey guys!

Awesome car. Awesome price. Not sure with one you're more elated over. :wink2: Either way, it's a win-win. Guess you'll have to take turns.

00000732 Welcome to the forums.

·
22,777 Posts
It's somewhat difficult to discover knowledgeable employees willing to make a decent effort.
Trust me Freeway! You don't have exclusives there. It's here, also. These guys have every opportunity to showcase a great competitive entry in the auto market. But what do they do? They walk out the door, shake your hand, and try to get you right into the office with not so much as a test drive (or a reach-around! :blush:).

If you're lucky, REAL lucky, they'll throw in a "Can I hep ya?" :eek: Doubtful...

Now, show me a salesman with an Index of Product Knowledge, personality, and (for wife) charm...and my resistance factor begins to de-escalate. Much more quickly than I would like. I find myself walking along mumbling, "Must stay focused, must stay focused, must stay..."

Missus: "Did you say something, honey?" :rolleyes:

·
22,777 Posts
Watching news this morning. Any dealer discounts/rebates gonna be offered for radioactive Sport Turbo's? :)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Watching news this morning. Any dealer discounts/rebates gonna be offered for radioactive Sport Turbo's? :)
According to Hyundai online and the zip code for my area, yes. Refer to image below. It's listed as the SPT under qualifying models.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been spying dealers to see if they have ESports...a few did, but perhaps the ones here in CA are not discounting them as much.

Here's a recent review from Redline Reviews:

·
22,777 Posts
I went to a couple of dealer lots a few Sunday's back. Not one Sport to be found. My dealer had 2 black and one red. Key word there: "HAD!"

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went to a couple of dealer lots a few Sunday's back. Not one Sport to be found. My dealer had 2 black and one red. Key word there: "HAD!"
Here is my journey going to different lots the past month or so:

Win Hyundai El Monte: Where my cousin and I purchased his SE with PEP, had a Gray Sport 6 speed with PP in the showroom and couldn't test drive, probably with no discounts and looked to be the only one they had currently.

Poway Hyundai: Saw two on the front lot, one black 6 speed with PP, other is blue DCT standard; salesguy wanted me to test drive but had to decline because I was still on the clock. Inventory shows that they have a Silver with PP 6speed but didn't see it parked with the others...

Kearny Mesa Hyundai: None that I could see casually on the front lot.

Glendora Hyundai: Saw one silver Sport standard DCT, and it was the only one near the sales showroom that I saw while walking to parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I ordered mine I had to get it from Alabama (I'm in SC). Delivered with around 700 miles, which sucks, but a small price to pay for the right one IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
22,777 Posts
When I ordered mine I had to get it from Alabama (I'm in SC). Delivered with around 700 miles, which sucks, but a small price to pay for the right one IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Surprised they couldn't reroute one destined to another dealer coming towards you. This was done for my 2011. Destined for a dealer's lot in upstate New York, suddenly becoming a SOLD unit in transit. So, it was rerouted to a Virginia Beach (Norfolk) dealer and taken off the transport. It had a whopping 11 miles on it. Saleslady alleged her manager called the divisional or district (somebody) manager and had it arranged. Back room deal? LOL Plus the advertising of someone flying from Oklahoma to buy their new car there? Not bad publicity.

But, much like you, I certainly wouldn't have lost any sleep with 700 miles on the clock. Not to get exactly what I wanted. Worth every extra mile to me. A person will either love or hate their new car depending upon the circumstances around it. And 3, 4, 5+ years, etc. is a long time to hate your ride. It's a long time to be disappointed, as well.

·
22,777 Posts
And that's 700 extra miles of coverage that the 10/100 has to cover as well. :grin2: (Contract should say so)
Somewhere between 100,001 & 100,699...that's when the Main's spin out and spiral downward and into the pan in a blink of an eye, yes? ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any update on when the 2017 production will end? Very few sport models within 300 miles of Detroit (but at least half are manuals). I really fell in love with the car after driving the 6MT version, and hopefully can take advantage of great lease deal once the 2018 sedans hit the lot (2018 GT models are already on the ground).

·
22,777 Posts
Any update on when the 2017 production will end? Very few sport models within 300 miles of Detroit (but at least half are manuals). I really fell in love with the car after driving the 6MT version, and hopefully can take advantage of great lease deal once the 2018 sedans hit the lot (2018 GT models are already on the ground).
00000732 Welcome to the forums, young man!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. There was no release date information on the 2018 thread, and of the none of the dealers I spoke to had a concrete idea of when the 2017s will stop production. Was hoping some of the gurus on here could help.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts