Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Void.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
HI there,
the 30K mile service is major important, and has to be done to maintain warranty. Mobil1 is good, supply it to the dealer and let him do the service.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by Smoke1991@Nov 20 2004, 07:12 PM
Hello everyone, my family has 3 hyundai's on our driveway so i thought it finally research the cars and learn general stuff about them, trouble spots...etc

My mom has a 2002 Santa Fe 2.7 auto AWD
My Older sis has a 2000 Sonata 4 banger
My dad drives an of sonata 2.7

well my questions are mainly regarding my moms car, because she does not take care of it and take it in for service, the other 2 are being taken care of by the dealership.

Its that time where i gota change the oil, and sence i dont feel like spending 20 bucks for a shmuck to do it, im doing it my self.

My main question right now is i herd that if you do not use a hyundai oil filter it can void the warranty, dammage the engine...etc  and with a aftermarket filter it makes a ticking sound.  any of this true???

No.
I allready bought a Purolator filter and i have 2 cases of mobil 1 in my gurage.

Is it safe to use my purolator on this car, because i really dont need to hear a clicking because of I think a check valve or somthing.  Also i dont need this to leak because i noticed today the front exaust wraps underneath the engine, less than 6 inches away from the oil filter, which kinda scares me.

So what do you all think???

Also it has 32K on it, i know the manual says to do a bunch of stuff at 30K like oil change, fluids, air filter...etc  As it should need a basic tuneup.  it gets like 13 MPG highway.

My main thing i do not want to do is void this warranty.  Because my mom thinks that if anything happens its covered.  But she doesent seem to get that you have to get the regular maitnence done to it. And that the warranty does not cover neglagence.

Well thats about it.  Also what does the OEM filters look like for the 2.7 dohc?  right now its a blue one, yellow type on it.

yellow type...no that's not an OE filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts