Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Holy F#@$. I want it. Just the tail light and headlight mods are soooooooo expensive. I've been dying to buy the tail lights, but now i have to buy both. Beautiful. [email protected] though 590 for the ones i want. ugh

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Too bad it doesn't have LED turn signals built in. Will be all over that for sure. But still thinking about getting it anyways, especially in the black bezel. Since they say it's wired into the parking light, it doesn't look like it will be the DRL which is too bad. Wanna get rid of the ugy DRL bulb without going to LED. Had a bad experience with LED and would be nice to keep my high beams when needed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Oct 4 2010, 03:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360809
Too bad it doesn't have LED turn signals built in. Will be all over that for sure. But still thinking about getting it anyways, especially in the black bezel. Since they say it's wired into the parking light, it doesn't look like it will be the DRL which is too bad. Wanna get rid of the ugy DRL bulb without going to LED. Had a bad experience with LED and would be nice to keep my high beams when needed.
Well, since we're the ones making it, we can wire it whichever way you want. If you want, we can wire it only to the turn signals, or only to the driving lights. Or, for a slightly extra fee, we can use our LED turn signal modules, so that they will turn on wiht the driving lights, and blink when the turn signals are on. When the turn signals are turned off, the light will turn off for one second and then the driving light will turn back on.

As far as DRLs go, the DRL simply means that the low beam headlight and also the driving light (small light) is constantly on, doesn't it? If that is the case, then since our angel eyes are wired to the driving lights, the angel eyes would be on all the time as well.

·
Registered
650 Posts
There must be a way to totally shut off the DRL and have that wire connected to the LED strip. Like the AUDI's have set up. Instead of having any lights on with the strip. Though idk how it would work when the actual lights are on.

Idk a bit confused. But it's w/e. If I'd get them now I'd work with the parking lights on.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
QUOTE (boogyman @ Oct 4 2010, 02:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360815
Well, since we're the ones making it, we can wire it whichever way you want. If you want, we can wire it only to the turn signals, or only to the driving lights. Or, for a slightly extra fee, we can use our LED turn signal modules, so that they will turn on wiht the driving lights, and blink when the turn signals are on. When the turn signals are turned off, the light will turn off for one second and then the driving light will turn back on.

As far as DRLs go, the DRL simply means that the low beam headlight and also the driving light (small light) is constantly on, doesn't it? If that is the case, then since our angel eyes are wired to the driving lights, the angel eyes would be on all the time as well.
For us in North America DRL is when the high beams are on for about half power everytime the engine is running. So the lights are set to off on the stalk so the only lights on are the high beams (half power). Parking lights, low beam, tail lights are all off. When we turn on the parking lights the high beam stays on at half power and parking lights come on. When low beams are on is when the high beams go off.

So with your setup, when we turn the parking lights on the LED strip along with the DRL (high beams on half power) will be on together. So pretty much what we are hoping for is when in DRL mode (headlights to off) that the LED strip wil be the only lights on. But at the sametime, want the LED strip to stay on when the headlights are on too. Not sure how easy re-wiring for this will work out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Oct 4 2010, 07:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360836
For us in North America DRL is when the high beams are on for about half power everytime the engine is running. So the lights are set to off on the stalk so the only lights on are the high beams (half power). Parking lights, low beam, tail lights are all off. When we turn on the parking lights the high beam stays on at half power and parking lights come on. When low beams are on is when the high beams go off.

So with your setup, when we turn the parking lights on the LED strip along with the DRL (high beams on half power) will be on together. So pretty much what we are hoping for is when in DRL mode (headlights to off) that the LED strip wil be the only lights on. But at the sametime, want the LED strip to stay on when the headlights are on too. Not sure how easy re-wiring for this will work out.
Aha!~ Thanks... It's been almost twenty years since I lived in the US, and we didn't have these new-fangled devices like DRLs back then.

Anyway, do you guys think there is a demand for a DRL delete module? I think we can rig one up relatively easily, using our headlight wiring harness kit. The only thing would be splicing into the high beam power wire, but other than that, no other modifications or splicing would be needed. If there's no fuse for the high beam in the engine bay, then you will have to route one wire into the cabin, and splice it into the high beam headlight wire that's located on the headlight control stalk. The module would consist of the wiring harness (for plug-and-play operation) with as STDT relay wired into it.

We can sell this module separately, and also with the headlight kit, and offer different wiring options for the angel eyes.

Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (boogyman @ Oct 4 2010, 11:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360881
Aha!~ Thanks... It's been almost twenty years since I lived in the US, and we didn't have these new-fangled devices like DRLs back then.

Anyway, do you guys think there is a demand for a DRL delete module? I think we can rig one up relatively easily, using our headlight wiring harness kit. The only thing would be splicing into the high beam power wire, but other than that, no other modifications or splicing would be needed. If there's no fuse for the high beam in the engine bay, then you will have to route one wire into the cabin, and splice it into the high beam headlight wire that's located on the headlight control stalk. The module would consist of the wiring harness (for plug-and-play operation) with as STDT relay wired into it.

We can sell this module separately, and also with the headlight kit, and offer different wiring options for the angel eyes.

Any suggestions are welcome.
While its not my cup of tea, I think that you would have a good return on developing the DRL delete. I have seen many thread about people trying to bypass them for some reason.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Unfortunantely for us canadians drls are mandatory by law. Dont think anyone has been ticked for it but if you run into a angry cop one day he may decide to ticket you. Will it be possible to have the angel eyes operate as the drls instead of the high beams?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I would love to have these,,,, I installed an HID kit for the low beams, I don't know how these would look with the HID's on.....

Might not be so nice then.....

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Oct 4 2010, 09:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360893
Why are people so eager to turn the Sonata into an Audi wannabe? Not for me I guess.
Audi, Lexus, Mercedes, Bentley, Cadillac, Porsche, BMW, Aston, Ford and VW (among others) use LED DRLs.

Cadillac was the first to use LEDs in the tail light assembly and now look, almost every nice car has them.

Audi (while not the first) has been given credit for the idea of LEDs as DRLs. Now almost every luxury brand (and some sub-luxury) has a vehicle or several vehicles with this idea.

While I understand where you are coming from, I think the people that like the LEDs see it as adding something that is esthetically pleasing or want their car to look more high end. If you look at the style of the LEDs, they do not copy the essence of Audi's "eyeliner under the headlight" look.

·
Registered
722 Posts
QUOTE (Limited With NAV @ Oct 4 2010, 05:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360982
Saw this today. LEDs installed above headlights.....looks better in the flesh. And My crummy cell-phone camera
That looks like an easy install but not quite my taste.

If I was going to have them on the outside, I would have started at where the fender line is on the right of that pic and take them under the headligts, but that is just me...

And btw doing leds is just that, making the car the way you like the looks of it. Not copying any other make or model..

Same as the color of clothing you wear mostly, of if you have facial hair or not, personal taste.. IMHO......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Those prices are ridiculous. I got a pair of projector lights with LED driving and directionals for my Dodge Ram for $279 bucks, made in USA and fuly DOT approved.

$1000 bucks for headlights and tail lights? Absurd.

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (Brewster @ Oct 4 2010, 11:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361130
Those prices are ridiculous. I got a pair of projector lights with LED driving and directionals for my Dodge Ram for $279 bucks, made in USA and fuly DOT approved.

$1000 bucks for headlights and tail lights? Absurd.
I agree that US$1000 is not cheap. But, you should know what you're talking about before talking smack.

Your headlights for the Dodge at 279, I can guarantee with 99% certainty that they are not made in the US, but made in China.

Also, those are aftermarket lights, not OEM factory units like the ones we sell. Have you checked how much factory lights cost for ANY brand, even domestic brands like Dodge? I'm not talking OE-quality brands that are a dime-a-dozen in the US, I'm talking about genuine factory units.

Apart from this, I do admit that the price for our headlights and tail lights is higher than it can be for two other major reasons.... One, they are all custom-made by hand, and two, they are all shipped individually from Korea to the US. Shipping headlights via the mail like we do will add substantially to the cost compared to shipping a container full of headlights, but there's nothing we can do about that.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts