Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new here and have a problem I really hope ya'll can help with. My fiancé has an 01 Sonata that has til now given no problems. When she was deriving to my house last week it suddenly started feeling like you would stomp the brakes for no reason. I drove it and it almost feels like you hit a log laying in the road, I thought tranny at first but the brakes have been suggested too. A couple mechanics have looked at it and the codes said to change the engine control computer, I did that with no reponse at all. I then replace the crank sensor which was shot with all the wires bare and touching, that didn't help either. It was diagnosed again today and threw no codes at all, it doesn't do it in reverse and it doesn't do it only during shifts like I thought at first. Our local stealership here sucks and I honestly don't trust them. The torque converter has been suggested as a possible issue too but I can't check that. Can anybody help? I have to fix it asap and as cheap as possible (Christmas IS right here). Is it the brakes? The t/c? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
How long since you've changed the transmission oil? Another thought is to pull a wire off your battery for 15 minutes or so. This will reset your transmission into a "learning mode". See if that helps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Has anyone pulled the emergency brake lately? Seriously though, I don't think you have a brake issue. You would smell them first and second I would think they would start to smoke. I would definitely try the disconnect the battery as John mentioned above and if you haven't already change your tranny fluid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Atf is good and I did unplug the battery when I changed the computer and when I changed the sensor, it did fine for five minutes then started the same thing both times. So what next? Thanks for the replies so far though guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts