Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, put on a new grill for my 2017 Ultimate Limited. Did a short video about my process ordering it and getting it on for any new comers. hope its helpful! enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Axlx8rgnWzI

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Love it..... the only thing I'm not so inclined to do is take off the bumper to install it. Did it with my Elantra and it was fine, but can't see myself doing it to my brand new (well, slightly old now) Tucson...

Oh man... got to think about this now!

iPT bro ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey guys, put on a new grill for my 2017 Ultimate Limited. Did a short video about my process ordering it and getting it on for any new comers. hope its helpful! enjoy!

I am so torn. I was going to get this honeycomb grille (as per pic) so it matches the lower bumper grille part, but I really love this grille too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
14 Posts
Changed mine again too.

Made some more changes to mine too. Pics after adding 1963 Shelby Cobra Style “hash mark” stripes, painting the grill cross members black, adding “turbo” lettering (third pic), and then adding thin red stripes to front and rear (rest of pics). See photos below:

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
wow that grill really looks good

looking forward to enjoying my car this summer but definitely upgrading it in the winter

runningboards, grille, and lips most likely

·
Registered
30 Posts
That looks insanely good! Now I want it for our Tucson. Thanks and props for the video!

I remember when I was way younger, back in 2009, switching my halogen units in my 128i M-Sport to projectors w/angel eyes and I had to take the bumper off...needless to say, I loved the outcome even though it took me an easy 4 hours since I was being extra careful and the car had 56 miles on the odometer.

I'm ordering one ASAP!...if the fiance says she'd like it on it... :')

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hey what is everyones experience w/ Ali-Express? They seem to have alot of stuff but I never ordered from that site before. thanks!

I’ve ordered merchandise from AE several times, (including this gril) and so far never been disappointed. Only possible con is that items usually come directly from Asia so shipping can take several weeks or so.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Also they don't take paypal and my credit card got declined so I haven't used Ali-Express until now. I've stuck with DealExtreme and GearBest for small electronics, eBay for large(r) purchases (for their buyer protection program).

·
Registered
936 Posts
Got mine installed today and it was raining so sorry for the crappy pic. Fairly straight forward removing the bumper and then separating the grill from the cover. Do plan on putting a blanket on the ground to protect your cover. Count the screw holes under your new grill to make sure you removed them all from the old one.

Only mod I did was remove the plastic behind the “Hyundai” emblem with a Dremel to make it look more OEM.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got mine installed today and it was raining so sorry for the crappy pic. Fairly straight forward removing the bumper and then separating the grill from the cover. Do plan on putting a blanket on the ground to protect your cover. Count the screw holes under your new grill to make sure you removed them all from the old one.

Only mod I did was remove the plastic behind the “Hyundai” emblem with a Dremel to make it look more OEM.
NICE! looks great!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts