Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Gonna plasti dip it tomorrow because I don't like the whole chrome look.... but I like it.... best YF grill imho, unfortunately the overall design wasn't perfect.... there is a HUGE gap between the hood and the top of the grill.... hopefully it wont be as noticeable in black....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Gonna plasti dip it tomorrow because I don't like the whole chrome look.... but I like it.... best YF grill imho, unfortunately the overall design wasn't perfect.... there is a HUGE gap between the hood and the top of the grill.... hopefully it wont be as noticeable in black....
The "huge gap" is there to let air into your cool air intake-- you will notice that the rest of the front grill is "sealed" off from the area of the intake. This is why the 4-billet (horiz.) aftermarket grills have a larger gap/opening between the hood and the top billet than between the other billets. I don't think it is a design flaw-- even though it is not aesthetically pleasing-- it is a functional necessity.

I like the grill -- but I'd like it better black.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The "huge gap" is there to let air into your cool air intake-- you will notice that the rest of the front grill is "sealed" off from the area of the intake. This is why the 4-billet (horiz.) aftermarket grills have a larger gap/opening between the hood and the top billet than between the other billets. I don't think it is a design flaw-- even though it is not aesthetically pleasing-- it is a functional necessity.

I like the grill -- but I'd like it better black.
well that's good to know..... tomorrow I hope to get it plasti-dipped because im not feeling the chrome.... had I not DE-chromed the rest of the car it might work but since the rest is all black I should make that black aswell....

·
Registered
357 Posts
OK I'm usually a fan of everything that goes on your car ....but not really feeling it ,looks like the YF with a big mouth smiling lol

saving judgment for when it's black as it should look a lot better ,
but remember it's your ride and if your happy it's the only thing that matters
I still love your car:beer:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK I'm usually a fan of everything that goes on your car ....but not really feeling it ,looks like the YF with a big mouth smiling lol

saving judgment for when it's black as it should look a lot better ,
but remember it's your ride and if your happy it's the only thing that matters
I still love your car:beer:
That is like the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!!! T.T haha~

But yes I agree it feels "off" since its a BIG chunk of chrome there.... im also looking forward to dipping it today

1 - 13 of 13 Posts