Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new GLS (automatic) on Saturday night, and so far we love the car! I thought I had negotiated a pretty good deal from my dealer, but then I read what some of you have paid, and it turns out it was just an "ok" deal, but I am happy with the car, and I suppose that is the most important factor (I paid 21,000 out the door...which brought the vehicle price to $18,6XX I believe).

I really like leather seating, but the leather in the Limited models seemed really fake and stiff to me. Even the perforated holes in the leather weren't really perforated...it's like the leather paint just went over the top of the holes. Plus, the cloth seats in our GLS seemed to cradled my back really nice compared to the leather seat models. For those of you with the factory leather, has it softened up a bit and worn in nicely?

One problem I do have with the car is that the alignment seems off a bit. It definitely pulls to the right. I called the dealer's service advisor today, and he said that my car had been inspected for the steering recall. I told him about my alignment, or the car wanting to be pulled to the right, and he said that Hyundai allows for one alignment per year free of charge. He recommended that I should hold off on an alignment until I have had the car longer as I have only had it for under two days now. I told him that since it was purchased that way, that it should be fixed free of charge, and he said, "well, that is why they allow one free alignment per year...". So, I think I should pursue this further in some way, as it would seem to me that they should fix this problem now free of charge, and I should be able to get my free alignment later on in the year as I start to use the car more and it "breaks in". Any thoughts about this alignment issue and the service advisor's response?

Our GLS is the Camel Pearl exterior with the camel interior. I love the interior color, but I was hoping for floor mats that match the camel color, instead of black. I know I can buy aftermarket mats in beige, but I am guessing the color won't match the camel color seats. Anyone know if they make floor mats in the camel instead of just black?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
QUOTE (jbobst @ Nov 15 2010, 01:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371895
Just bought a new GLS (automatic) on Saturday night, and so far we love the car! I thought I had negotiated a pretty good deal from my dealer, but then I read what some of you have paid, and it turns out it was just an "ok" deal, but I am happy with the car, and I suppose that is the most important factor (I paid 21,000 out the door...which brought the vehicle price to $18,6XX I believe).

I really like leather seating, but the leather in the Limited models seemed really fake and stiff to me. Even the perforated holes in the leather weren't really perforated...it's like the leather paint just went over the top of the holes. Plus, the cloth seats in our GLS seemed to cradled my back really nice compared to the leather seat models. For those of you with the factory leather, has it softened up a bit and worn in nicely?

One problem I do have with the car is that the alignment seems off a bit. It definitely pulls to the right. I called the dealer's service advisor today, and he said that my car had been inspected for the steering recall. I told him about my alignment, or the car wanting to be pulled to the right, and he said that Hyundai allows for one alignment per year free of charge. He recommended that I should hold off on an alignment until I have had the car longer as I have only had it for under two days now. I told him that since it was purchased that way, that it should be fixed free of charge, and he said, "well, that is why they allow one free alignment per year...". So, I think I should pursue this further in some way, as it would seem to me that they should fix this problem now free of charge, and I should be able to get my free alignment later on in the year as I start to use the car more and it "breaks in". Any thoughts about this alignment issue and the service advisor's response?

Our GLS is the Camel Pearl exterior with the camel interior. I love the interior color, but I was hoping for floor mats that match the camel color, instead of black. I know I can buy aftermarket mats in beige, but I am guessing the color won't match the camel color seats. Anyone know if they make floor mats in the camel instead of just black?

Thanks!
Check your tire pressure ASAP. Lots of us had way too much air in some, but not all tires. The drivers door jam has the pressure info sticker on it. Some of the cars needed an allignment, but not very many. The pressure thing fixed most of the pulling issues. (Lots of opinions on this subject, you watch)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Scott2011 @ Nov 15 2010, 01:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371897
Check your tire pressure ASAP. Lots of us had way too much air in some, but not all tires. The drivers door jam has the pressure info sticker on it. Some of the cars needed an allignment, but not very many. The pressure thing fixed most of the pulling issues. (Lots of opinions on this subject, you watch)
Terrible in comfort mostly, or just the quality of the leather?

And, thanks for the tip on air pressure...didn't even think of that!

·
1,914 Posts
The seats in my car are my biggest and only complaint I have so far. The leather is hard and not very comfortable and it just feels cheap. Some have said the leather softens up after awhile but we shall see.

As far as your price, it seems like you did very well and as long as you are happy with what you paid, that's what counts.

They do not make beige mats but you can always get mats from the last gen. Sonata.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts