Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I just got my brand new Genesis today!! Exciting exciting!! It's so much fun to drive.

Quick question tho.

When should I go get my first oil change. Should I wait till 7500miles or do it earlier?

Also. How do I keep the LED day running lights on at all time. Is there a link in the forum on how to do this?

Thanks all
Patrick

·
Registered
746 Posts
Congrats and Welcome.

As for oil change interval, stick with the guidelines in the service section of the owners manual, There is no need for an early oil change during the first cycle. Personally I change my oil every 5000 miles or six months with Synthetic. Finding the middle ground in change intervals and using synthetic removes any room for a dealer/manufacturer to deny warranty in the event of an engine mechanical failure. They tend to say the owner did not change the oil per guidelines and those guidelines are set with conventional oils. It can add a few dollars to the cost but gives you more room of security. If you fit the guidelines for the 7500 I would still recommend the synthetic from a personal perspective especially with the GDI engines are not yet the mainstay of common engines for gasoline.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts