Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
True. I tend to over-service my cars (partly because I enjoy it too :D). What was interesting was how much smoother the idle was with the new plugs. Definitely not my imagination. The hesitancy on light to moderate acceleration has gone too. I haven't changed air filter, and no new fuel etc, so unlikely to be any other explanation.

I change oil every 6 months too as it only does very short journeys of 2 miles mostly. So it gets Mobil 1! Oil is cheap, engines are expensive, as they say.

·
Registered
i10 1.0L SE Manual, 2017. Polar White, Centre Console, Bodyside Mouldings.
60 Posts
True. I tend to over-service my cars (partly because I enjoy it too :D). What was interesting was how much smoother the idle was with the new plugs. Definitely not my imagination. The hesitancy on light to moderate acceleration has gone too. I haven't changed air filter, and no new fuel etc, so unlikely to be any other explanation.

I change oil every 6 months too as it only does very short journeys of 2 miles mostly. So it gets Mobil 1! Oil is cheap, engines are expensive, as they say.
Better to over-service than under-service. Oil - I stick to every 12 months, unless I exceed mileage ( which is very rare ).

Are the OEM spark plugs not iridium - as fitted in Manufacture? Thought almost all now use them.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts