Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new front grille for my ‘16 Sport. It’s a honeycomb style grille that’ll match the bottom portion of the front end. I ordered it on eBay and should be coming between August 11th and the 31st. Below is a picture of what it’ll look like. Can’t wait for it!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks pretty good!! How hard is to replace?

I will most likely need to remove the front bumper in order to get to the inside and change the grille that way. If there is an easier way I’ll definitely post a write-up

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't see the picture, can you embed? I would like to replace mine too if it looks nice.

Does this work? I have other pictures to try if no luck

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,601 Posts
I will most likely need to remove the front bumper in order to get to the inside and change the grille that way. If there is an easier way I’ll definitely post a write-up
the_owner
Looks great, I wish I had found that one when I had to replace my grille, its less than the OEM I found and alot less than then from the dealer ($475)

There is no other way to replace the grille on our LF than to remove the bumper cover. The grille is held in place with 4 screws and plastic lock tabs all around it and has to come out the back of the cover. Overall the removal of the bumper cover and grille is a 3 out of 10 difficulty job. Tools needed are a 10mm socket and ratchet, phillips screw driver and you being willing to give that first big pull on the bumper cover right where it meets the fender to pop it off the clips. The clips are from where the bumper cover meets the fender along under the headlights, just pull on the cover straight away from the car and it will pop off.

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/lf-2015-sonata-i45/619186-how-replace-grill-17-sport.html

Looking forward to seeing it on your car, I may have to order one too ! Would you mind posting a link to the listing?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*UPDATE*

The seller on eBay stated that it would arrive by August 31st but to my surprise it arrived today. Below I have pictures of the grille in my possession and hopefully tomorrow I will get around to installing it (weather permitting).

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay it’s finally done! It was a tough job and rather aggravating but the result is worth it. I had to remove the bumper to get behind the grille area, remove the screws on the edges, and carefully pulled the grille away from the clips that were grabbing on for dear life, installed new grille with the original screws and lined everything up to the clips and tabs. I put back the front bumper with the new grille on and everything looks great! I’m not too crazy about the chrome but I might consider vinyl wrapping it in the future.

Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Registered
433 Posts
I’m not too crazy about the chrome but I might consider vinyl wrapping it in the future.

First - GREAT JOB & a job well done!

Second - I like the chrome on the lighter color blue. The dark (Lakeside?) blue and black might be a different story, but the chrome looks good IMO. But, to each their own. Maybe a black chrome would look better.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Okay it’s finally done! It was a tough job and rather aggravating but the result is worth it. I had to remove the bumper to get behind the grille area, remove the screws on the edges, and carefully pulled the grille away from the clips that were grabbing on for dear life, installed new grille with the original screws and lined everything up to the clips and tabs. I put back the front bumper with the new grille on and everything looks great! I’m not too crazy about the chrome but I might consider vinyl wrapping it in the future.

That looks really sharp

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,601 Posts

[/QUOTE

Good job, looks good!
I was going to ask if the outer rim was chrome or black chrome. Ive used the DupliColor Black Chrome paint kit with very good results on my car, Did the "H" in the front grille and the front license plate frame to get them to match the black chrome in the Sport grille. For $12 at most auto parts stores you may want to give it a try.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

[/QUOTE

Good job, looks good!
I was going to ask if the outer rim was chrome or black chrome. Ive used the DupliColor Black Chrome paint kit with very good results on my car, Did the "H" in the front grille and the front license plate frame to get them to match the black chrome in the Sport grille. For $12 at most auto parts stores you may want to give it a try.

Would you be able to provide pictures of the results? I’d love to see how it is!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts