Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 574 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Santa Fe Sport 2.4 in Mineral Gray. After reading all the threads I was worried I should have gotten the turbo engine. However, the 2.4 provides plenty of pickup. I live at 6,000 ft in Colorado with hills and it works great. There are so many posts on here about the 2.0 turbo that I wanted to post about how my 2.4 is more than adequate. I think most of the people with turbo 2.0 are "car" people and want the extra oomph the turbo provides. I was comparing this car to the Subaru Outback and Honda CRV. The 2.4 engine is more powerful than both of these engines I was looking at. I am super happy with my Sante Fe sport 2.4. It look awesome inside and out. The panoramic roof is amazing - it is even tinted enough to handle the strong Colorado sun. I am so happy I can look at a Santa Fe Sport in my garage instead of the ugly Honda CRV or not as attractive Subaru Outback. Love it!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, wish mpg was better. However the car is soooooooooooooo much nicer than the other ones I was looking at inside and out. I decided to give up the mpg and buy the car I would enjoy more. You spend a lot of time in your car!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
I just bought a Santa Fe Sport 2.4 in Mineral Gray. After reading all the threads I was worried I should have gotten the turbo engine. However, the 2.4 provides plenty of pickup. I live at 6,000 ft in Colorado with hills and it works great. There are so many posts on here about the 2.0 turbo that I wanted to post about how my 2.4 is more than adequate. I think most of the people with turbo 2.0 are "car" people and want the extra oomph the turbo provides. I was comparing this car to the Subaru Outback and Honda CRV. The 2.4 engine is more powerful than both of these engines I was looking at. I am super happy with my Sante Fe sport 2.4. It look awesome inside and out. The panoramic roof is amazing - it is even tinted enough to handle the strong Colorado sun. I am so happy I can look at a Santa Fe Sport in my garage instead of the ugly Honda CRV or not as attractive Subaru Outback. Love it!!

:00000732:...and congradulations...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Congrats on your new SF!
I ended up getting the Turbo, but I think the 2.4l would be more than adequate for most people. I had the 2007 3.3l SF and was used to the power and didn't want to go down, plus my wife feels safer having the extra HP when highway passing is required, although I'm not sure how big of difference there actually would be between the 2.0T and the 2.4l.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Attn: New Santa Fe Members Post Your Introduction Here!

We got our santa fe yesterday. We went with the gray on gray with the leather and tech packages. Also, we got the FWD model. It's been a while, but we finally got it. We've driven it a few miles already and one thing that i'm not a big fan of is the glossy paint in the side mirror bezels. Whenever light shines on it I think there is a car there, out of my peripherals. Other than that little issue we love it.

We did a 36/12,000 mile lease

Money factor was .00157, it was the lowest number for July that I could find. They offered me a .00194 and I didn't like that number, so they came down to .00157.

Our plan A pricing was 31,604.

Our deductions was $250 customer cash (through plan A pricing)
$500 lease cash, and $500 Motozuma match

So 30,304 was the price of the car excluding the $595 accusation fee, and approximately $410 in DMV fees and first payment.

I also put another $2,000 dollars down.

Our payment is $310.00 per month.

Maybe not the greatest deal, but far from the worst. And we are both super happy with it. Our salesman was mistaken, he thought the funds had to be in the Motozuma bank account for 30 days. I told him the account only needs to be open for 30 days. I think it's great when we as car enthusiasms know more than most car salesmen. But.... to give them some credit, I'm the one spending the money, so hopefully I know a bunch.

Hopefully this helps someone looking at buying one of these awesome SUV's.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Congrats on the new wheels. We are approaching 3 months on our 2.0T and love it too. With a couple of "gee I wish" items. Also got the 3 year lease.
We know now all about your lease, color, interior and package but not what engine it came with, 2.4, 2.0T, 3.3 V6, or model, Sport, LWB, etc.
And if you don't post a pic of it soon we won't believe you actually got a Santa Fe!!!! :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congrats !!! B)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats on the new vehicle

Funny you mention the mirror bezel. I JUST got home and on the way home I was thinking "I should tape that off and shoot it with flat black".
That's what I'm thinking about doing. Not a big deal, but just enough for me to do something like that.;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
The mirror bezel comments are interesting. I never noticed it, nor does it bother me. Maybe it's the position of the seat?

·
Registered
27 Posts
For the mirror bezel, you can try to "dip" (Plasti-Dip spray) them a few coats and see if that suits you better. If not, you can always just peel it off and no harm done. If you like it, keep it or peel it and spray it with Krylon.

Congrats on the new purchase. I absolutely love mine and I also recently picked mine up about 2 weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 574 Posts