Hyundai Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
358 Posts
Hi Guys and Gals,

I have created a new site for all of the Hyundai Santa Fe owners. It has more of a breakdown of different sections such as performance, interior, exterior ect. This forum is very lacking in that department so I decided to create a forum that will include all of that. So far I have created a basic layout that can and will be improved! Here is the website for now, but I am going to change the address soon, but I currently don't have my credit cards to buy the rights to another name.

Edited by mod

I am thinking about switching once I am able to pay for the name and also have no advertisments on it for members.

Do you like the name SantaFeNation? Also, the site is live and you can start signing up right now.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Do we need another forum?

If this forum is lacking posts on performance, interior, exterior, etc then it simply reflects the facts that SF owners need help on problem areas but aren't generally interested in customisation.

In reality, there are posts on those topics which can be found using the search facility.

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do we need another forum?

If this forum is lacking posts on performance, interior, exterior, etc then it simply reflects the facts that SF owners need help on problem areas but aren't generally interested in customisation.

In reality, there are posts on those topics which can be found using the search facility.
Yes using the search button CAN work, but it is nice to have everything all in one area (it's proper category). Trying to find stuff in here can be time consuming. I have found this forum as the only option for the Santa Fe owners. I am trying to make it easier for everyone to use and navigate. I know it will take some time (months) before it will be very useful, but you have to start somehere.

This forum lacks this (different sub-topics) in every model and there are numerous car forums outside of this forum that are there to help owners out as well.

I have been using car forums for almost 10 years now and I prefer to have everything laid out in categories instead of grouping and mixing everything together. It's easier to filter and organize everything.

Also, I am talking with a lot of vendors right now to sign up at the forum so that they can help out our community with aftermarket support.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I have been using car forums for almost 10 years now and I prefer to have everything laid out in categories instead of grouping and mixing everything together. It's easier to filter and organize everything.
I've been using car forums for 15 years - and prefer to have everything for a model in one place - then finding the latest posts just needs one search instead of through every sub-forum.

Good luck.

·
Banned
18 Posts
This looks like a good idea! I just bought my Santa Fe 3 weeks ago and I like the way that site is laid out compared to this site. I've been browsing these forums for a week or 2 and decided to finally join this site, but this one forum is the only one forum I could find until now. Just like the OP I like to have everything laid out in separate categories and not bunched up all in one category.

·
Registered
268 Posts
What am I missing here? What's the big deal if there is more than one SF site? Most vehicles have more than one forum dedicated to them. It only increases the available information that can be found. If the new site becomes popular and is properly maintained, it will be good for everyone, won't it?

Unlikely that the new site will make this site any less popular.

:confused:

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
What am I missing here? What's the big deal if there is more than one SF site? Most vehicles have more than one forum dedicated to them. It only increases the available information that can be found. If the new site becomes popular and is properly maintained, it will be good for everyone, won't it?

Unlikely that the new site will make this site any less popular.

:confused:
No - it'll fragment the information because no one site will have it all and people don't have time or inclination to trawl round every site.

·
Registered
268 Posts
No - it'll fragment the information because no one site will have it all and people don't have time or inclination to trawl round every site.
Well, not sure what people you are talking about - I don't mind looking at more than one site for the other 3 vehicles I own - in fact I'm glad there are more than one site for those vehicles. Many of my friends feel the same way about the forums related to their vehicles too.

There are sites dedicated to a make - like this one, and sites dedicated to a specific vehicle/ model. If the new site is good, it will succeed, if it's not it will fail.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Doeboy - presumably your new forum is for 2013 DM Santa Fe's built in USA only - and isn't intended to cover 2001-2006 SM, 2006-2012 CM models or versions built in Korea ?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Well, not sure what people you are talking about - I don't mind looking at more than one site for the other 3 vehicles I own - in fact I'm glad there are more than one site for those vehicles. Many of my friends feel the same way about the forums related to their vehicles too.

There are sites dedicated to a make - like this one, and sites dedicated to a specific vehicle/ model. If the new site is good, it will succeed, if it's not it will fail.
Multiple sites can be very tedious - many questions get repeated - I have enough trouble trying not to be online all day without reading the same thing in different places.

I already have to "cope" with Santa Fe forums in UK, Australia and North America that an extra one would be overload.

Using different forums for different topics I don't think that forum "style" is important, it's content that matters.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The new site will only be as good as the users are who post on it. And unless the awesome users such as Ruperts Trooper, sbr711 and canderson who keep this site rockin' move to a new site there's no point in even going over there anyway. hyundai-forums.com is great because of the great user community!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I actually like the style of separate subject sections (I'm sure I'm not alone on this). If you are new to owning a particular vehicle, it can be very helpful to "browse" through the various sub-sections to learn about things you may not yet know enough about to search for.

Or you may just want to browse and get ideas about exterior upgrades, sound/media/Nav upgrades, and on and on.

When you select a subject, there is a lot less to get through as opposed to when everything is grouped together under a single heading. When I first came to this site, there were topics I stumbled on after a few months that would have been very helpful if I had discovered them right away.

You just have to remember that not everyone is coming from the same exact perspective. If the users that scknf mentioned stay here, then of course this will remain the go-to site. But I just don't really see a downside - over time there will either be good info on the new site that is easier to find/ browse through, or there won't be if nobody ends up using the other site.

·
Banned
18 Posts
I looked at the site and it has every model that this forum has. It has a for sale section and a dedicated vendor section. It also has regional category's for the owners. It looks like it is dedicated to the Santa Fe of all models. It only has 4 users though as of right now. Maybe in time it can be worth while to switch. I'm going to sign up for it later and keep an eye out to see how well it grows.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Looks like Doeboy is banned from this forum.
Just when we started to know ya doeboy........... ya go & get banned.

:shades: You must be giving us a Joey Zasa type choice.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.