Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone had any success getting them to reimburse the coupling replacement when you already over 100k miles. I had the work done at a Hyundai dealership.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got mine replaced a few weeks ago. I didn't get the steering wheel noise while turning (did feel something slight if I was moving it while stopped)- but the steering wheel made a loud rattling sound while going over bumps.

I asked how frequent it was and they pulled out a demo in a box. With the SA saying, "this is what it probably looks like and the one next to it is what it's supposed to look like". If they have a demo box, I assume it's really common.

I didn't even need to wait for a diagnosis. They just went ahead and replaced it. Really bad...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mine just started making the rattling sound again. Seems like fourth time might be a charm? This was the third replacement. Should be covered under extended warranty.

·
Registered
202 Posts
What will it be next? I have never seen a car with this many recalls and extensions. This is my 3rd Hyundai/Kia and the other two didn't have nearly this many issues.

The prior owner had the original recall done for the steering coupler. How will I know if I need it again?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts