Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new exhaust system put on today for the Sonata. I used a glasspack muffler from Thrush/Dynomax part #24218 which cost about $60. I had the resonator and mufflers cut off and the glasspack install by itself. I took the car to a shop in the DC/Baltimore area called Tony's Custom Exhaust which is actually in Glen Burnie, MD. They did an awesome job on the exhaust and it only cost $275 without the muffler. To me the sound is quite mild. Its only slightly louder than my short ram air intake when accelerating. Here are some pics of the new setup.

[attachment=19402:166.jpg] [attachment=19403:167.jpg] [attachment=19405:169.jpg] [attachment=19404:168.jpg] [attachment=19406:170.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
That sounds really nice! How's it at idle from inside the car? My stock exhaust is so quiet that my friends have legitly asked me to turn on the car when it is already running. I'm not sure if that is a plus or not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The sound inside the car is almost nonexistent. If my radio is up too loud I cant even hear the exhaust. But it starts out like a buzzing sound and the more you accelerate it turns into a humming sound.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
How about a vid while cruising around?

·
Registered
173 Posts
QUOTE (blazinghost @ Jul 16 2010, 01:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342171
The sound inside the car is almost nonexistent. If my radio is up too loud I cant even hear the exhaust. But it starts out like a buzzing sound and the more you accelerate it turns into a humming sound.
I wish I could hear it with the engine under load as you cruise by and step into it. The raspy sound should not be heard under that circumstance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I am definitely considering removing the 3rd cat. Do you think it will make much of a difference with performance?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts