Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced a purge solenoid in a friend's 2008 accent because of an issue starting after filling the fuel tank. Removing the solenoid showed a bad seal- I could blow through it in both directions with no power applied. The new solenoid definitely works as intended. However...

I did not erase the codes after installing the evap solenoid.

On the first fuel fill-up after replacement, her car had the same issue of hard starting and rough running (no stalling) plus several codes.
P0300 (random misfire and codes for misfire on cyl 1, 2,3)
P0456 evap small leak
P0444 evap purge solenoid circuit open (from when I had it disconnected and the tubing blocked for a week)
P0134 o2 circuit no activity detected (hovered too close to 0.45V for the computer's liking, but if hovered around 0.9V before the solenoid was replaced.

P0446 evap emission system vent control circuit (no idea what this is).

So it reads to me like nothing new except that now the computer realizes it's actually having an issue beyond "small evap leak". I think P0446 is related to the open circuit p0444.

So, now what?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do the simple things first. Check all the fuses and whatever connections you can. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes/re-connect and give it a try.
It seems odd to me that you are getting all these codes now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts