Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my engine replaced. I haven’t really floored it yet. Engine only has 200 miles on it. But just daily driving so far I feel there’s less power. The turbo was also replaced and they did the ecu update. Is there a way to tell if I’m not making the same horsepower as before my engine was replaced? Anyone else feel like their new 2.0t engine isn’t as powerful?

·
Registered
400 Posts
It should be broken in for the first 600 miles before you do any WOT testing (see the proceedure in your manual and I'd for sure change the oil/filter and use synthetic oil) but I didn't notice any lack of power after my replacement engine was installed. I still had my original turbo/injectors/etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should be broken in for the first 600 miles before you do any WOT testing (see the proceedure in your manual and I'd for sure change the oil/filter and use synthetic oil) but I didn't notice any lack of power after my replacement engine was installed. I still had my original turbo/injectors/etc.
That’s another thing I was going to ask. How many miles should you put on the car before moving to synthetic. I always herd after 2 oil changes.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
New turbo but did they say anything about the EWG being replaced along with that? If so, then after break-in is complete you can check your boost with an obdII reader to see how quickly and how much boost it makes. If it isn't peaking out at about 15-17psi then the EWG may need adjusted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New turbo but did they say anything about the EWG being replaced along with that? If so, then after break-in is complete you can check your boost with an obdII reader to see how quickly and how much boost it makes. If it isn't peaking out at about 15-17psi then the EWG may need adjusted.
I have no idea if that was done. Is that the blow off valve?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Not the BOV. It is a way for the car to manage how much airflow hits the turbo or just exits the exhaust. When it is not properly adjusted, it can allow too much to go straight out the exhaust without spooling the turbo.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just got my engine replaced. I haven’t really floored it yet. Engine only has 200 miles on it. But just daily driving so far I feel there’s less power. The turbo was also replaced and they did the ecu update. Is there a way to tell if I’m not making the same horsepower as before my engine was replaced? Anyone else feel like their new 2.0t engine isn’t as powerful?
Just curious. Was the turbo replaced as part of the engine replacement? Was the engine replaced as part of the recall campaign?

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
If they gave you a new turbo that could be the problem. I did my homework before I bought my 2014 se. Turns out, they decreased the turbo size after 2014, supposedly for gas mileage. The new turbos put out about 30 or so less hp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts