Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a new 2016 Elantra GT owner. What forum discusses my car here, is it the Elantra and Lantra forum or the i30/Elantra Touring?

Also, I’m in Canada, is “Elantra GT” a unique name for this market? On Rockauto there’s not even a section for this car, it’s just Elantra 1.8 and 2.0l engines. I know I have the 2.0, but the Canadian GT is a hatchback and I don’t think our older Elantra sedans have 2.0s. Does anyone know if the “Elantra 2.0L” on the major parts websites is The same as the Elantra GT?

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
I’m a new 2016 Elantra GT owner. What forum discusses my car here
I believe a 2016 model would be an MD Elantra. The MD forum can be found at the link below :

MD Elantra (2011~2016)

Marktwothousand said:
Does anyone know if the “Elantra 2.0L” on the major parts websites is The same as the Elantra GT?
Yes, I'm sure it will be since they are both Elantra models. Most parts will be common to both hatch back and sedan models. But if you try looking up a part that is model specific, like the washer pump for example, it will specify which part your GT needs :

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. It seems like I am facing the dreaded “bouncy”, “slidey” rear end issue in this car for which I think I need to replace the rear shocks with something firmer. But it otherwise seems a great car. So now the quest begins to make it feel more custom and enjoyable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts