Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2017 Limited looks to be loaded with a older version of maps. NAM.08.47.44.522.004.1 which looks to be almost 2 years old now. I just bought the car less than two weeks ago. Do you think I should make a stink and have the dealer update it to the newest version (11.5 I believe)?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Dealer cant do anything unless there is something available to do it with,, NAV program is not a Hyundai-MOBIS manufacture... outside vendor handles mapping stuff for the unit

All you can do is ask,, but since you signed papers and drove off lot.. all you can do is ask now

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
My Limited came with old maps, how can you learn this after you purchased the car? Just called my dealer, no problem, sent me the latest map SD card, let me keep the old one.

Ha, tell your dealer others got the latest map updates, and at no charge, even apologized for giving me an older version.

Yours is the same version as mine, 8.5, should be getting version 11.5.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Beginning to question these GPS's, wife wanted to go to a store I never heard of, took us off the interstate and directed us through small towns, state and county roads and when we finally got there, new the mall where it was located, only one block away from the interstate we were on.

She wanted to go there last night, switched off the GPS, and followed road signs.

Then when we left that store, took a highway been driving on for 45 years, suggested a turn off, I had it set for fastest routes. Wanted me to make a left turn on a gravel road! Are you nuts? No way am I driving my Limited on that pile of rocks.

Italy was a different story, no road signs, maps had road numbers, no routes through tiny towns, had to zig-zag all over the place, when crazy with round-abouts, some with seven exits, GPS showed the correct one, but at times, had to go around twice. But two euros to use the rest rooms, so a nice place to visit but would not want to live there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts