Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just changed the diesel filter on my car. I primed it by pumping away on the balloon and it started straight away and drove off. What I have noticed is that if I start the car first thing in the morning and let it idle for a few minutes and then switch off, I cannot start it again unless I prime it again by pumping on the balloon. Then it starts and I can drive away without any further problems. But again if I start it and drive off straight away its ok.
Any suggestions as to what is going on, I am thinking it could be an air leak on one of the filters connections, overnight cause’s fuel starvation.

G

·
I had a small diesel leak on the water drain as the rubber seal became old. I had to replace the entire valve with the seal.

·
Registered
538 Posts
That is classic 'fuel drain back', if it wasn't doing it before you changed the filter then it must be something in the filter area, as this is normally under a slight suction with the engine running you may not see any visible fuel leak, carefully undo, clean and reassemble everything, remember a dab of grease or engine oil on the filter o rings to stop them 'puckering up', this also lets you get the filter correctly torqued without o ring friction giving you the wrong feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts