Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson
28 Posts
Ordered a new Kona hybrid premium on 7th December and was told estimate of end of March for delivery. 17th January i emailed Hyundai customer services with my order number to get an update on if the timescale was going to plan. The reply was promising with my car currently in production. Please allow 2 weeks for production, 6-8 weeks for shipping. Your car is expected at the Dealership in March. Great i thought, started to get excited.Started monitoring what ships were loading at Ulsan and were arriving at Tilbury. 10th February after asking for a further update i received the news that my car was currently in the non plan stage and will go into production in 2 weeks time. Please allow a further 2 weeks production, 6 weeks for shipping and a further 2 weeks in Tilbury. How can the same person give me 2 DIFFERENT UPDATES? Got in touch with the Dealership and they didn't have any idea when the car would be delivered apart from the fact that they are expecting a delivery in the middle of April. Told them i am thinking of cancelling the order and buying a used car instead. They were astonished that i had been given the updates from Hyundai customer services and they will give me any updates every 3 weeks. Its not the waiting that bothers me so much as someone is not telling the truth and the lack of true information available for new car buyers. I do know about the chip shortages and i did do a lot of research before ordering and was prepared to wait but the false information given is appalling in this day and age of technology.
I await further updates whilst i ponder cancelling the order. Not good from Hyundai customer services.
I'd hang in there! I know it can be frustrating but its about the same everywhere.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts