Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new 2013 Limited with tech package.
The navigation sd card was missing and the dealer said they would order a new one. Here we are a week later and they keep giving me excuses as to why they haven't been able to order it yet. Does anyone know which direction I can point these guys in to get this taken care of?

All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased a 2013 with NAV recently, I insisted on the NAV working prior to purchase (required SD Card) the Salesman stated their policy was to keep the SD card with the second set of keys for safe keeping, they retrieved it for me prior to purchase. I would ask them to check again.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Depend on dealer policy for doing things.. ours, the fella that receives car off truck takes the USB/AUX cord out of car for placement in packet..

I think my neighbor found a SD card in the bag of books package while doing PDI, dont recall if it was Santa Fe or Sonata

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think most dealership (now) take the map card out and place it with the books/2nd pair of keys if they are worried about theft.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been reading this thread. I do not know what card you are talking about, where it is found and what it is used for. If it is only used for nav updates, how do you know when an update for the maps comes out?

·
Banned
358 Posts
Check the manuals. Mine had a spot for it in the back of one of the manuals that came out of a semi-clear/gray bag. Mine was already installed though in my car before I bought it.

I haven't taken mine out to see what kind of card it is, but I wonder if it is like a class 4 or 6 SD card could we get a class 10 card to replace it and if so would it make any difference on load times?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the manuals. Mine had a spot for it in the back of one of the manuals that came out of a semi-clear/gray bag. Mine was already installed though in my car before I bought it.

I haven't taken mine out to see what kind of card it is, but I wonder if it is like a class 4 or 6 SD card could we get a class 10 card to replace it and if so would it make any difference on load times?
Just Got our Sante Fe ysterday. Dealer had already put it in the the card slot. Might wanna check.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine wasn't in the car either. As my supplying dealer was 600 miles away I couldn't just go and pick it up. The dealer was very apologetic and next day Fedex'd it to me. It was an 8Gb class 4 SD with the 'Hyundai/Kia' markings on the sticker. Straight forward plug and play.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine was in the dash & working but I found the case for it glued in the back of the nav book. FYI - I copied everything to an external hard drive. This way if it goes missing I can but another SDHC, load the file and I'm back in business without having to pay the dealership an arm & a leg, assuming they are not going to give me one if it goes missing.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not understanding. Once the maps are loaded, what do you the need card for? If the answer is to simply download and install new updates when they are available, then won't any SD card work? I have bunches of cards laying around for my cameras. Just wondering if I need to try to find the SD card that came with my nav system, or not even worry about it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
mine was not installed either. was a late night deal yadda yadda yadda. fed me all theines they could. somehow my cargo cover was missing too. The nav card was in their office, the cargo cover...no one knew where it went. they had to order that.

as far as loading the maps, the card needs to remain in the slot. if something other than a nav card (or card with proper nav info) is loaded, you run the chance of turning the nav unit into a brick, ie, inoperative.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Usually the card is on the back cover of the NAV book, inside a plastic case. The books themselves come in a opaque blue bag, different from all the others, but are usually stored with all the other manuals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
sd card

I too did not have the sd card that "worked" when I picked up the car. I had to go back a week later for someone from Corp Hyundai to re program my nav for the SD card to work. Once it worked I discovered that EVERY time you start the car you have to hit the screen to "agree" not to play with it while driving! Its really an annoyance as no other cars I test drove required that until you actually went into the Navigation mode. Had I know this I would not have gotten the Nav package!

·
Registered
427 Posts
My 16GB SD Nav card is sitting in front of me in the house.
I copied it to another 16GB SD card and that is what works in the truck. I found that the 8GB cards were not large enough to hold all of the files so I used the 16GB SD card.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. . . Yes, I'm a newbie here.

Okay, so last weekend I picked up my brand new 2014 Santa Fe GLS. Loving it so far and most of the cool toys in the vehicle are actually working! Sweet!

I did have the SD card in the slot, nice and happy. Here's my question (and I'm surprised it hasn't come up on this thread already), how the heck to you get updates? Yes, brand new truck but I think the maps are a bit out of date. I've Googled it quite a bit but don't see and answer. Is there anywhere online where you can buy updates or do I need to go straight to the dealer. The Hyundai doesn't seem to be too helpful on this topic.

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hear you have to pay for them. Mine seems outdated too plus it does not always take you the most direct route. I'm not impressed with the system!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Santa Fe SD Cards and Updates

Hello! The reason dealerships take the SD Cards out of the cars s because they are often stolen. If an SD Card has been installed in a vehicle, that Nav System and the SD Card are automatically linked to each other. If you try to use another SD Card, the Nav System goes bad and it will cost $4,500 to replace.
We've been dealing with this problem for a while now at the dealership. The best way to go about it, is to ask the sales rep to check if the SD Card is available before the purchase.

With regards to the update, Hyundai has sent out the update packages to dealerships in February, so any vehicle purchased after that should be up-to-date. The update comes as a flash drive (usb storage device) that is ordered from the Hyundai website. you will need you VIN number and your Device ID, which is found on the information screen on your Nav.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like a plain old every day SD Camera card -
Hi my car hyundai veracruz 2012 same problem sd card is missing but I am call to hyundai dealership he said this model sd card not available please give me help which sd navigation card is work please give me some pictures then I am buy please give me message thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts