Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
not bad, but i'm not going to open up my headlight housing to do it, I know a few people's headlight/taillight housings have lost their seal - and moisture gets in, and my wife's 2012 elanatra had about 1.5 inches of water in hers overnight. As soon as you do anything like this - no more warranty.
It's nice, but with the side view mirror also having the turn signal - not sure I think it's a huge upgrade.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Love the color and would make it viable as a DRL however there's no way I'm comfortable enough to open up the headlamps. Especially since mine are factory HID, I can only imagine how much the headlamp would cost to replace if I screwed something up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
413 Posts
Love the color and would make it viable as a DRL however there's no way I'm comfortable enough to open up the headlamps. Especially since mine are factory HID, I can only imagine how much the headlamp would cost to replace if I screwed something up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Factory lamp housing is the same HID or not. It's the components that you move over that are different.

·
Registered
228 Posts
wow interesting. I wanna check these in person and see how bright they are. I'd go for it if its not blinding the front vehicle but yea, I wouldn't open headlights "just" for this. Maybe when I decide to retrofit I'll consider these, but my warranty will need to expire first :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
As I thought most of the aftermarket stuff from Korea has been finished for the Santa Fe, I was surprised to see this come out. Seems like a good option for those that think the eyeline as-is is too dim. 2013~ Hyundai Santa Fe Eyeline 2 Color exLED Power LED Upgrade VERSION 2

What do you think? Certainly better than any other eyeline "replacement."
Great Upgrade! even though i had done opening headlights before with heat gun, i'll choose to wait for my warranty to expire first in 3 years.

This is a cheaper alternative than buying the full LED headlights. B)

·
Registered
413 Posts
wow interesting. I wanna check these in person and see how bright they are. I'd go for it if its not blinding the front vehicle but yea, I wouldn't open headlights "just" for this. Maybe when I decide to retrofit I'll consider these, but my warranty will need to expire first :)
It won't blind on coming traffic... These are not HID's pointed at peoples faces...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get back to me when it's plug and play w/o removing the headlamps
PLug/PLay of DRL inside a headlamp without opening them up is...impossible unless you buy them pre-installed, which would raise your cost considerably.

If you really meant "w/o REMOVING" then you're out of luck, too, since anything plug/play requires removal of anything to look OEM in an oem housing of anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts