Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set from r1concepts off e-bay about a week now and I have to say they are working great. The package was 4 rotors, both front and back, and all 8 pads. I had them installed on Saturday and they have shown to have more stopping power then the OEM. At first they did have some weird sound when braking but now they seem to have set in and I can barely hear them. I took my car to the interstate and tried a few emergency stops without any cars around and I noticed that they stopped much faster and I had more control while braking. I am really pleased with my purchase and would recommend them to anyone that is going to MOD their Nata for more speed and performance.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
For the first 800 to 1000 Miles you are not supposed to test the stopping power of the new Brake parts. I have never used the ABS,

although I sure did during my Test drive. Had a Black Salesman who was changing colors during the test. I thought the Front wheel drive

was horrible. Bought it anyway!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Apr 26 2010, 11:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316961
For the first 800 to 1000 Miles you are not supposed to test the stopping power of the new Brake parts. I have never used the ABS,

although I sure did during my Test drive. Had a Black Salesman who was changing colors during the test. I thought the Front wheel drive

was horrible. Bought it anyway!
I know you have to give the pads and rotor a set in time but, I didnt slam on the brakes and force the ABS to activate. I was just hitting them to slow down from 70 mhp to about 40 mph in a hurry. You see I have had a lot of close calls on I-24. People getting on the highway and flying to the left lane only to do 40 mph while you are coming right up on them at 70 mph. But, before this gets Off-Topic, these rotor pads combo worked way better then my OEM rotors and pads. Every time I stepped on them it had a new pedel feel, sometimes the old OEM set lost that pedel feel when in heavy traffic, or stop and go traffic. They always feel strong and they dont fade like the old set. They are slotted and drilled to let the heat out much faster. And about the test drive, did you take that vehicle you test drove home or another one just like it ? :whistling:

Forgot to mention that I got the set for $250.00 with free shipping.

·
Registered
505 Posts
QUOTE (Insaneone @ Apr 26 2010, 03:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317039
I know you have to give the pads and rotor a set in time but, I didnt slam on the brakes and force the ABS to activate. I was just hitting them to slow down from 70 mhp to about 40 mph in a hurry. You see I have had a lot of close calls on I-24. People getting on the highway and flying to the left lane only to do 40 mph while you are coming right up on them at 70 mph. But, before this gets Off-Topic, these rotor pads combo worked way better then my OEM rotors and pads. Every time I stepped on them it had a new pedel feel, sometimes the old OEM set lost that pedel feel when in heavy traffic, or stop and go traffic. They always feel strong and they dont fade like the old set. They are slotted and drilled to let the heat out much faster. And about the test drive, did you take that vehicle you test drove home or another one just like it ? :whistling:

Forgot to mention that I got the set for $250.00 with free shipping.

How much to install?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Klute @ Apr 27 2010, 07:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317239
So, $370 for all 4 brakes & rotors? That sounds pretty good..is there any warranty from Midas and where you bought the parts?

Yes, Midas gave me 6 months on their labor because the parts were not purchased from their store and r1concepts gave me 1 year. I'd say its a great deal considering the Hyundia dealership wanted $380.00 just for the front 2 rotors and pads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HYUNDAI-SON...sQ5fAccessories

This is the site where I purchased them.

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hey Felix. . . did you get the calipers painted while you were having the new brakes installed? Also, I had the same impression of the drilled/slotted rotors, where at first there was a fair amount of vibration/noise that you could feel through the pedal, but that went down after a week or two. And you can't beat the look of them. :banana:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (alex2006sonata @ Apr 28 2010, 11:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317634
Hey Felix. . . did you get the calipers painted while you were having the new brakes installed? Also, I had the same impression of the drilled/slotted rotors, where at first there was a fair amount of vibration/noise that you could feel through the pedal, but that went down after a week or two. And you can't beat the look of them. :banana:

I didnt get the rotors or calipers painted because they look good with the chrome rims. I might paint them after a few miles or months depending on if they change colors. Ill paint the calipers and the center of the rotors black if I were to paint them. Oh yeah, I used that black tape to cover up the chrome lip on the hood, looks great. Again, thanks alot bro for all the parts and help you gave me while in Philly. I hope you are enjoying your new 2011 Nata. :grin:

here are a few pics...

[attachment=17623:SDC10172.JPG] [attachment=17625:SDC10174.JPG] [attachment=17626:SDC10175.JPG] [attachment=17624:SDC10176.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
QUOTE (Insaneone @ Apr 27 2010, 10:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317282
Hyundia dealership wanted $380.00 just for the front 2 rotors and pads.
+1 few days ago my front right was making strange noises, so I took it to the dealership to investigate... They said they would surface both front rotors, and new pads for around $385....

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (Djonemore @ May 3 2010, 12:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319021
+1 few days ago my front right was making strange noises, so I took it to the dealership to investigate... They said they would surface both front rotors, and new pads for around $385....

The pads and rotors on my 06 with ~50K miles are like new. I guess lots of freeway driving with high
speed emergency stops take their toll.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Highway robbery. When I had my 94 Cadillac Fleetwood the Chevy dealer wanted $500.00 bucks to ONLY install new GM brake shoes and resurface the drums. Should have gotten the break down. I'm just not one of those people to scream "Are you out of your ***** mind!?"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dimpled drilled and Slotted rotors are the way to go i have them on the front of my 06 for a year now and just put the rears on monday. they were not the costly the fronts were $216 and the rears $163 that includes free shipping and pads, then both rotors.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just ordered front pads and rotors from R1Concepts myself a week or so ago. They just came in today and are going on tomorrow. The dealership in town runs about $200 just to resurface rotors on one axle and it was $400 to replace only the rotors on the front. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted $1000 to do pads and rotors with their track record.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can get all 4 NEW, not resurfaced rotors and pads installed for $180 out the door. Don't go to the steelership for brakes. Also, rotors are so cheap that resurfacing old ones is retarded. I can buy Hyundai rotors from my dealership for like $18 each. Find a place that will do them cheap like $60 to $80 and buy your own rotors and pads(no huge markup) and have them install them. I am going to get drilled and slotted rotors and some good pads, the shop I use said $68 installed if I bring my own and they are certified Hyundai master techs that are making a killing by taking all the steelerships shop business. They have a big sign out front that says "specialized in Hyundai service" and they are right down the road from the dealership. I think it's funny.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts