Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my faulty brake replaced earlier this year under warranty. Today when I went to the dealer they replaced the brake switch again. I hadn't had any problems with the other but they said this is a new design and showed me the difference. The other one was plastic and this one has metal and nuts. They also ordered new control arms for me. Just FYI

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
729 Posts
2011 per the information below his screenname.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
110 recall been running since March maybe (have to look at dates elsewhere).. seeing stragglers now, used to be every car that came in the door almost

Rear arms ?? Not in stock at dealer level.. OH MY... we starting to slow down on them, I think I have done maybe 43 myself.. I put a note in the align machine that shows how many I have done,, might have missed a couple before note, I dont recall..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
110 recall been running since March maybe (have to look at dates elsewhere).. seeing stragglers now, used to be every car that came in the door almost

Rear arms ?? Not in stock at dealer level.. OH MY... we starting to slow down on them, I think I have done maybe 43 myself.. I put a note in the align machine that shows how many I have done,, might have missed a couple before note, I dont recall..
Yea April is around when they did it the first time but they did it again today with a different switch. Did new ones come in?

And yea the rear control arms had to be ordered.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this. I have an appt for an oil change in the morning at my local hyundai dealer so I'll have to inquire about this.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this. I have an appt for an oil change in the morning at my local hyundai dealer so I'll have to inquire about this.

Sent from my SCH-I535
Got VIN..

·
Registered
542 Posts
Don't know what date this recall you're talking about started but im at a hyundai dealer right now getting my oil changed and they say all the recalls for my vehicle are complete. I bought this vehicle a couple months ago. Sbr711 was kind enough also to check my vin# and told me the same thing. Looks like this recall is not new. Shrug... I don't know. Think it might be 6 month or so old.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't know what date this recall you're talking about started but im at a hyundai dealer right now getting my oil changed and they say all the recalls for my vehicle are complete. I bought this vehicle a couple months ago. Sbr711 was kind enough also to check my vin# and told me the same thing. Looks like this recall is not new. Shrug... I don't know. Think it might be 6 month or so old.

Sent from my SCH-I535
Yea that's what I was saying. It was an old recall and mine was already changed but yesterday they changed it again and this time the switch looked different than the one they used last time. So I was wondering if there was a new switch made recently?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yea that's what I was saying. It was an old recall and mine was already changed but yesterday they changed it again and this time the switch looked different than the one they used last time. So I was wondering if there was a new switch made recently?

Yeah i don't know. I mentioned to the service writer about a new metal brake light switch instead of plastic and all he said was all the recalls on my vehicle were completed. I didn't ask him anything else.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
110 recall uses the new switch with flanged nuts since recall came out..

Old style plastic switch was likely used prior to recall for a no start concern (push button) or ABS/ESC light concern

1 - 17 of 17 Posts