Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My latest car mods
Those all look great! Can you post a picture or two of the wheels mounted from further back?

SIDE NOTE FOR EVERYONE
As a general request in this thread, can everyone that posts their mods include some kind of description of the materials/parts used? It would be really helpful for others. Even if you say something like "I got these interior LED lights from <wherever.com>. They are plug and play" or "This DRL mod required me to take a plasma torch to the frame!" :)

Nice job everyone!!! Keep them coming!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
washed/waxed my SFS and installed my mud guard I bought from Mobis
geo333, nice wheels. Mind sharing offset, and did you go with a wider tire? Have you noticed a stiffer/more bumpy ride as a result of the lower profile (and perhaps wider) tire?

Thx.

·
Registered
103 Posts
washed/waxed my SFS and installed my mud guard I bought from Mobis

Nice emblems

What tire size you use on your SF 20's rims ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
geo333, nice wheels. Mind sharing offset, and did you go with a wider tire? Have you noticed a stiffer/more bumpy ride as a result of the lower profile (and perhaps wider) tire?

Thx.
Nice emblems

What tire size you use on your SF 20's rims ?
Thanks. The wheels have an offset of +40 and the tire size I went with was 235 50 20. Its about 1.4% over the the stock rolling diameter but its still within acceptable limits. The ride is just as good as stock. And I love the slightly taller height of the SFS. I try to stay close to OEM as much as possible so I went with a non chrome, just polished aluminum rims. Its also stable at high speeds. I was surprised on how tight the suspension set up is in the SFS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
luck11, can you put some pics of your new wheels & tires when they are mounted? I would like to know what specs/size of wheels and tires you're getting.

·
2,253 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
luck11, can you put some pics of your new wheels & tires when they are mounted? I would like to know what specs/size of wheels and tires you're getting.

Will do so in one of the threads in the LWB sub-forum when I have them on. They were supposed to be here last week, but the supplier screwed up and they were not put on the truck, even though they charged the local shops CC where I bought them. Hoping they're in on Monday-Tues. Then, the shop wants to dry fit them to make sure there are no fitment issues. Sizes are 20"x8.5" +45 offset (vs. the +49 OEM) and 255/45/20. I am hoping I don't have rubbing issues on the inside of the fender, although the shop assured me it would not be an issue. We'll see!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Very nice! I like the pics from the black one too. But honestly, I think the SFS just looks **** good with ANY wheels, don't you all agree? Just a pretty, pretty ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lowering my Santa Fe

Hey Guys I have a 2014 Santa Fe sport ltd. I want a set of lowering Springs for this vehicle. Can't find anything for this vehicle. Has anyone of you had any luck with a lowering option?

Kelton

·
Registered
4 Posts
Steel rims

I am putting winter tires on my 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.4L .
Will 17x7*5-114.3*67.1 steel rims fit ?

Thank-you

·
2,253 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
18" Sonata wheel with a PVD chrome coat

I put these on this past summer. I'm not sure I'm completely happy with them. I may look at some 20" Boss wheels

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts