Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I hope to learn a lot here to help me get the best experience with my new 2020 Kona Ultimate AWD. I took delivery yesterday, but have not left the driveway with it yet. ;-) My ride for the last 22 years has been a 1998 RAV4 2-door automatic. It has been such a good car, only 76K miles on it, and runs good. So why buy a new car? My beloved RAV4 has no modern safety features, manual windows, manually adjusted mirrors, and is getting pretty rusty in the engine and undercarriage. At 67 years old and being a reluctant driver, my husband encouraged me to get a new car loaded with safety features. The 2020 RAV4 is only 4-door and way too big, so it was not an option for me. I liked the Venue when I test drove it, but decided the KONA would be better for power and cargo area.

The only thing I am wondering about right now is the DCT. I know just enough to worry that I will ruin it, so I am trying to find as much as I can on how it works specific to a 2020 Hyundai Kona. I found a pretty interesting discussion in one of the Tuscon Forums, but I don't know how relevant (possible differences due to year and model) that discussion is to a 2020 Kona AWD DCT.

Anyway, I am happy to have found this forum and I will be looking around for information that will insure I get the best out of my car and that I drive it correctly. Any tips or pointers are welcome! Thanks. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a 2003 rav 4 AWD with 164,000 miles everything still worked good even the a/c. I sold it when I bought my Tuson, basically for the same reasons although I did have power windows, very happy with it...:)

Reactions: DebFahey
1 - 4 of 4 Posts