Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are about to replace our 5 year old Kia Picanto 3 1.25 litre with a brand new i10 GO SE 1.0 in Champion blue. If we can get the dealer to do a good deal! Mainly because the Hyundai dealer is so much closer to home and we rather like the special blue metallic paint, look of the new i10 and the kit.

Having had a Toyota Aygo some years ago, as well as a 2011 i10, the test drive of an SE i10 with the 1.0 engine last week, showed it was OK, with that sporty 3 cylinder engine noise. As we use air con all the time, I was a bit worried it wouldn't pull, but with three in the car, it seemed OK.

Car is to be used predominately around town and low mileage, so should be OK.

Reading the forum it seems the built in sat nav is OK. Is it a Tomtom map based system then? I have asked the dealer to ensure the new car is delivered from new with the very latest maps. Is there any quick way to tell when it arrives?

Anyone already with the new 2018 GO SE, able to share their experiences/findings of this particular car?

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd still be very interested to hear from any 2018 Go SE 1.0 owners and your views.

We collected our new i10 Go in Champion Blue, two days ago with just 10 miles on the clock, having traded in a five year old Picanto 3 1.25 litre 5 door.

The fit and finish of the car is very good, although I did still find myself having to remove the orange 'high spot' stickers from each of the alloys and bits of plastic wrapping that were still in place on the rear seatbelts!

The brochure doesn't mention that the special blue stitching is very nicely done, not just a pattern in the centre of each of the seats, but extending to subtle stitching all around edges of the seats, the leather steering wheel, gear change shroud and even the handbook folder, which has the matching blue stitching.

The sat nav is very responsive, and easy to use.

The car drives really nicely, although at slow speed when moving off, there is a turbine type noise, but I guess this is the characteristics of the 3 cylinder engine. With two of us in the car and air con switched on (which it always will be), it still didn't seem slow.

I'll update as we discover more.

Reactions: Longshot

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have the pre facelift i10 Go 66 plate. I agree the interior decor is actually quite tasteful especially in comparison to the blue seat and interior panels that were available at the time. Since requiring a clutch cable adjustment in the first week I have had no real problems in the 20 months we have had it. ours didn't come with sat nav but have found the Bluetooth useful. As you say the leather clad steering wheel and gear knob have a nice tactile feel and the car drives very nicely with confident handling.
I do occasionally have the parking brake stick on which seems to be a common problem and I learn from this forum that replacement pads are now available to solve the problem which I will get done at the next service.
I like the sporty sound of the little 3 cylinder motor which is surprisingly agile with gear ratios that match well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts