Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the Atlanta area. I was looking on cars.com and 2 local dealers have what appear to be a new base 2017 Santa Fe with popular equipment package and a few extras. They list the MSRP as 28K and they have a sales price of around 20K. That makes senses.

When I widen my search to 200 miles of Atlanta quite a few new 2017 Santa Fe's show up. The rub is that they are listed with a sales price of around 25K. They appear to not even have the popular equipment package. Any idea why they are still listed so high? Considering that the 2018's are about the same price and have a $3500 rebate, why would anyone buy a 2017 for the same price?

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
I am in the Atlanta area. I was looking on cars.com and 2 local dealers have what appear to be a new base 2017 Santa Fe with popular equipment package and a few extras. They list the MSRP as 28K and they have a sales price of around 20K. That makes senses.

When I widen my search to 200 miles of Atlanta quite a few new 2017 Santa Fe's show up. The rub is that they are listed with a sales price of around 25K. They appear to not even have the popular equipment package. Any idea why they are still listed so high? Considering that the 2018's are about the same price and have a $3500 rebate, why would anyone buy a 2017 for the same price?
Higher rent area?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am in the Atlanta area.

Considering that the 2018's are about the same price and have a $3500 rebate, why would anyone buy a 2017 for the same price?
The answer - most wouldn't.

I know that market location intimately firsthand. My daughter has a 2017 loaded SPS (everything in an Ultimate except the turbo engine, and we have a 2018 SFS Ultimate with the turbo.

Pick your dealer (we used Rick Case - they double the factory warranty), and make your deal - finding a 2018 in stock with the features you may want diminishes each day...but if you can find it - right now is a great time on a 2018. The 2019's will be out in a matter of weeks (and we aren't fond of the new 2019 grill/interior/overall look).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts