Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new 2014 Rondo EX Luxury last month. For those folks looking for a large wagon/small van, it is pretty awesome.

Put wifey in a Tucson (my fav) but she was in love with the Rondo due to the fact visibility is supurb and it really drives like a hatch. Really is a nimble vehicle, and it has decent pep (164hp, 2.0l). This thing comes with so many options I won't list them, but I think Kia is really giving Hyundai a run for their money on the 'kitchen sink' approach to options.

We tried a 2013 Tucson, 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander, 2013 Mazda 5, and a 2013 Toyota Venza and the Rondo was my wife's fav. The Rondo was 2nd place for me, as I wanted the 2.4l Tucson a little more (and the AWD), but the Rondo was still outstanding and came with more options and the pep was still there.

Only complaint is that the Rondo came with those Hankook Optimo H426 tires that I hated on the 2013 GT. I swapped out the Hankooks with some Continental Extremecontact DWS tires after about 400kms. Absolutely hated them on the GT and I never gave them a chance on the Rondo.

While the handling, noise, and pep are better than the auto 2013 GT, Still in love my my Hyundai and will continue to spoil her :)

Attached are a few pics of the Rondo in the driveway with the GT. I like this new refresh much more than the older Rondo. Too bad the US folks can't get it...yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really a fan of the overall look. Nice wheels though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Haha I'll take it as a compliment (strategy worked for me on the dating scene before my wife gave in and married me).

Most of the comments I get are positive though. A couple friends of mine (Tucson and Santa Fe owners) loved it after I took them for a ride and mentioned they will consider it for their next car if mine proves reliable over the next couple of years. They loved the ride and handling in particular, and thought it looked good.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
I think it's just the overall Kia styling. I really like the new Optima and the Forte Koup but I see other Kia and they just look odd

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have had a mild guilty pleasure for the past Rondo. (Don't tell anyone, :p) But I really like this one much more. One thing i'm not digging that Kia is going is making their headlights go d*mn near to the windshield-- it kind of bothers me. But I really like the styling aside from the chrome door handles and wheels. I also am the type of person who doesn't like 'options.' But I don't know if I would consider Hyundai to mind if the Kias are 'giving them a run for their money,' since Hyundai is a majority share holder of Kia.

But I think this looks more like a Focus-esque hatch than the miniature, bloated van the Rondo used to be (even though I liked it, lol.) I really like the look of build quality, though, specifically the headlights and taillights.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had a mild guilty pleasure for the past Rondo. (Don't tell anyone, :p) But I really like this one much more. One thing i'm not digging that Kia is going is making their headlights go d*mn near to the windshield-- it kind of bothers me. But I really like the styling aside from the chrome door handles and wheels. I also am the type of person who doesn't like 'options.' But I don't know if I would consider Hyundai to mind if the Kias are 'giving them a run for their money,' since Hyundai is a majority share holder of Kia.

But I think this looks more like a Focus-esque hatch than the miniature, bloated van the Rondo used to be (even though I liked it, lol.) I really like the look of build quality, though, specifically the headlights and taillights.
I was never a fan of the looks of the old Rondo. But I do like the look of this new Rondo, and I agree that it looks like a big hatch more than a mini-mini van.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts