Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eye on these LED tails since they came out on the 2013 Korean Limited model. I thought the $492 price on ebay was pricey and was hoping they would be cheaper when I saw them on the 2014 US model since the Korean ones included a $90-$100 shipping charge from Korea (included in $492, some say free shipiing but add it in the total cost). I just got off the phone with a local dealer and they found one set at another dealer for $528.94 a piece! Thats right, $528.94 just for one side so thats over $1,000 for all 4 pieces! I didn't ask if that includes an updated wiring harness but it doesn't matter at that price. That $492 (all 4 pieces) ebay price is looking pretty good now. I think it's time to stop waiting for a better deal and bite the bullet. I love those tails.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have mine today, cant wait.
Please post pics when they're on & let me know how the installation went & any tips on installation once complete!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Total waste of money. Thats about like putting tv screens in the headrests of a single cab truck.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just installed the lights, very simple process. Just follow the SR tail light install on the forum. It makes the install so simple. I will have the trunk pieces light up with brakes this weekend. I just ran out of daylight. These light are really cool and make the car look so much better.

·
Registered
918 Posts
That's what happens when dealers are able to sell them. First, product + shipping cost, and then the HUGE dealer markup.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Bearcats, I have been trying to get my hands on these new led tail lights, and honestly I come up with a vast majority of results on ebay from Korea. Would you happen to recommend a reliable seller where I can acquire them from? This is one of the one's I have come across: 2011 2012 2013 New Sonata Genuine LED Tail Light Lamp 4ea 1set Hyundai I45 | eBay
No idea on that one. I am NOT a fan of FleaBay as you have zero idea what you get.

If you are wanting genuine OEM; check out Shark Racing. I bought my tails from him and the transaction went flawlessly. That has been my only experience with tails.

OEM is a bit more pricey than others. Also look here to do research http://www.hyundai-forums.com/222-yf-2011-sonata-i45/197505-2013-yf-mobis-style-tail-light-deal.html

Not sure about quality/vendor or what have you. But at least he is a member here versus some random internet vendor and has modified his YF fairly extensively.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I would second SharkRacing. While I know others have had issues with them, I have never had any problems and the merchandise ships fast and arrives in great condition.

PS I got my "OG" led tails from them!

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
:D LOL my fault. Explanation follows

OG is short for "Original Gangster/Gangsta", now used as a term for anything original or first.

ie The Excel is the "OG" USDM Hyundai. The 2011 Sonata are the "OG" YF models.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
:D LOL my fault. Explanation follows

OG is short for "Original Gangster/Gangsta", now used as a term for anything original or first.

ie The Excel is the "OG" USDM Hyundai. The 2011 Sonata are the "OG" YF models.
Ah HA! I guess that would refer to the ones I did too. :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts