Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month I picked up a used 2012 Ford Focus Sport Hatchback with only 25,000 miles on it. Had it 3 weeks, and got in a bad accident on I-5 on the way home from work. Finally got the work yesterday that it was a total loss.

Went down to the local dealership and picked up a new 2013 Sonata GLS. I really wanted the SE with Nav but was also trading in a older 2003 F150 and didn't want to roll over any money so I was able to work out a deal on the GLS.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the new car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! Yes, the spoiler looks sweet. I am enjoying it so far but only was able to drive it to work... LOL!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take it for a long pleasure drive. You will love it.
I am working on that. I think next weekend we will be making a trip down to see family in Southern Ca from up here in Northern Ca. Can't wait. So far I am really enjoying it. Still getting used to the feel of it especially the steering, very sensitive being electric power steering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a new GLS last Saturday. My first longer trip will be tomorrow when I drive down to the Jersey shore from central NJ. I love the car so far, but will also miss my 16 year old Honda Accord, which I drove maybe for the last time tonight.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I bought a new GLS last Saturday. My first longer trip will be tomorrow when I drive down to the Jersey shore from central NJ. I love the car so far, but will also miss my 16 year old Honda Accord, which I drove maybe for the last time tonight.
What exit;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Last month I picked up a used 2012 Ford Focus Sport Hatchback with only 25,000 miles on it. Had it 3 weeks, and got in a bad accident on I-5 on the way home from work. Finally got the work yesterday that it was a total loss.

Went down to the local dealership and picked up a new 2013 Sonata GLS. I really wanted the SE with Nav but was also trading in a older 2003 F150 and didn't want to roll over any money so I was able to work out a deal on the GLS.
:00000732:
I personally think you made a good choice with the GLS. I didn't realize how harsh of a ride the sport tuned suspension was on the SE. Not a complete deal breaker for me, but it does get a little bumpy at times.
BTW that is good pic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Roseville Hyundai. I want that spoiler when I bought my se there. I was like Wtf a gls with spoiler?.Anyways welcome. If you don't like the steering feel, take it in to service and request sport EPS setting. Just did that a week ago and what a huge difference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really am enjoying the car. Getting used to the steering and is not as bad.

This morning my son decided he wanted to (one up me) and went in and bought a 2013 SE 2.0T

[/IMG]

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really am enjoying the car. Getting used to the steering and is not as bad.

This morning my son decided he wanted to (one up me) and went in and bought a 2013 SE 2.0T

[/IMG]
NICE. I didn't see a White 2.0t se there. Very nice. Hopefully you got a good deal. Mine was 23,111 out the door.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NICE. I didn't see a White 2.0t se there. Very nice. Hopefully you got a good deal. Mine was 23,111 out the door.
I traded in a gas hog of a truck which was nice to get it off the Ins as it just sat. I paid $21,599 OTD ($23,599 Sticker). They treated me well!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I traded in a gas hog of a truck which was nice to get it off the Ins as it just sat. I paid $21,599 OTD ($23,599 Sticker). They treated me well!!
That is a great price. Good to hear that they treated you well. Because of their attention and ability to help, me and my brother actually bought 2 2013 Sonata SE 2.4 from there the same day. LOL. If the steering doesn't feel right ( or wanders around) just take it to them and have them flash in the sport setting. They found my SE setting on soft and reflashed it to sport ( my request).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got a 2013 GLS as well same color love the car. though I'm unsure I do like the new turbo options coming in the 2014 forte's and do want a manual so I may have to make a trade in soon :x

1 - 19 of 19 Posts