Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, so I am excited. I finished buying my Sonata GLS less than 10 hours ago. After 5 hours sleep, I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep just thinking about my new car.

I got Harbor Grey with the automatic.

I live in the Bay Area. Stevens Creek Hyundai are good guys.

I paid 19,060 Cash price. With the California "Ream-Our-Residents" Tax and fees I was OTD at $21,286. 2.9%

So far, I can't be happier. We went in thinking about buying a 2010 Sonata for a steal, $13,999 after factory rebate. And it is a great car, but we were sad about the so-so looks.
We left with a car that looks and acts the part. At a finance amount that was just a few thousand more.

I look forward to many months of chats, discussions, upgrades, and so on.

I am eyeing some bbs LM replica wheels. What do you guys think looks good on these cars?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just traded in my 2006 Lincoln Zepher/MKZ for a new sonata limited. I was going to buy the Ford Taurus (also a great look) however I felt that it was underpowered due to the 4000 lb weight. The SHO was to expensive. I research cars for fun. When I looked at the sonata on Edmunds I was shocked at all the customer reviews. All over 9.5 to 10. After reading EVERYTHING about this car on the internet (15 hrs of reading) I decided to take one for a test drive figuring that the car would not meet my expectations. The first thing I noticed is when I sat in the car and shut the door it made that nice thump noise (quailty). After 3 test drives I decided to buy the limited in black. Best move I ever made. So far best car I every had and I had many (55 years old). Rides just as quiet as the Zepher,
better Nav system, move storage nooks then most cars. Better power then the Zepher which had 221 hp. Backup camera is great, Sound almost as good as the Zepher. Great Gas Milege. I love this car.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (mark Man @ May 1 2010, 02:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318573
I just traded in my 2006 Lincoln Zepher/MKZ for a new sonata limited. I was going to buy the Ford Taurus (also a great look) however I felt that it was underpowered due to the 4000 lb weight. The SHO was to expensive. I research cars for fun. When I looked at the sonata on Edmunds I was shocked at all the customer reviews. All over 9.5 to 10. After reading EVERYTHING about this car on the internet (15 hrs of reading) I decided to take one for a test drive figuring that the car would not meet my expectations. The first thing I noticed is when I sat in the car and shut the door it made that nice thump noise (quailty). After 3 test drives I decided to buy the limited in black. Best move I ever made. So far best car I every had and I had many (55 years old). Rides just as quiet as the Zepher,
better Nav system, move storage nooks then most cars. Better power then the Zepher which had 221 hp. Backup camera is great, Sound almost as good as the Zepher. Great Gas Milege. I love this car.
I had a similar experience. I traded a 2003 Infiniti G35. My previous 2 cars were I35 and Chrysler 300M. I researched the heck out of the purchase, driving Taurus, LaCrosse, Fusion, Camry, Maxima, G37 and M35. In the end I bought the Sonata Limited w Nav, and saved a boatload of cash. I did not want to wait for the Turbo, but I gotta admit, that would have been the icing on the cake.

I have seen several posts on the internet of Lincoln, Infiniti, BMW, etc.. buyers "downshifting" to the Sonata. I would not have believed it had I not done it myself!

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
I've gotta say, when I went in to test drive the Fusion, they had 2 Taurus's all shined up in the showroom. That car was gorgeous inside. I thought the outside was OK, until I saw the sticker. $39K+. Yea, it had lots of goodies, but whatever I buy, I want all the options available. You just can't beat the Sonata for the money.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I switched over from a BMW 745Li (msrp $82,000 when new) This Sonata is the VERY first non-German car for me (5 Porsches, 3 BMWs, 1 Lotus). I picked the GLS because of the price, the LTD was nice but for a $5-6 K premium, not worth it to me. The sporty SE was nice, but for me this is basic transportation. If I wanted a sports car, I would go back to Porsche.
3 weeks and 1000miles later, I am very happy with my choice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, thanks.

So, has anyone experienced some odd engine noise while the window is down, during warmup, or outside the car. I think this is the engine noise the motor trend/edmunds/msn reviews mention. But just checking.

Aside from that, we've put 60 miles on it, and love it.

Thanks for sharing your stories. It's amazing people are "downgrading" to an upgrade. lol. We drove the 2010 camry and this car leaves sucha better impression on anyone that has seen it.

I can't be happier, well, I could if I had the turbo haha.

Not much of a photo, but here you go.

Personally, I think some lm reps with grey centers and a polish rim would look great.

What do you guys have?

Edit: Forgot to mention that we closed our deal at 10pm, and we wanted to drive the car home, rather than leave it for detailing. So, we didn't get our booklets and our mats.We still have the black cover on the chrome too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I traded my 2006 civic ex in on a 2011 sonata SE. Talk about an upgrade...WOW!
I love the car. So far I have 700 miles on it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (midas69 @ May 1 2010, 03:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318589
I've gotta say, when I went in to test drive the Fusion, they had 2 Taurus's all shined up in the showroom. That car was gorgeous inside. I thought the outside was OK, until I saw the sticker. $39K+. Yea, it had lots of goodies, but whatever I buy, I want all the options available. You just can't beat the Sonata for the money.
I havent driven in a new Taurus and agree they look pretty good, but I have sat in a few and the most obvious reaction I had to being inside the car was how massive it feels. I felt like I was being swallowed up by the center console and dashboard. I did not get the feeling I was in a 4 door family car. I am sure you get used to it once you own the car, but if I was actually considering a Taurus, I would definitely put that on my list of negatives.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice car. I am dumping my 2005 Cadillac STS for a new car. As nice as my STS is, my Certified Preowned warranty is ending. I had no major issues with the car for the time I had it other than an AC recall. However, I did have a headlight go out. I went to the local shop to get a bulb because they put them in free. Well, they only put them in free for some cars. My STS cost about $400 to replace a bulb in the head light. The entire front end needs to be taken off to get to it. Well, I do not plan on having $400 repair bills on a basic, consumable part.

I am seriously looking at the Sonata SE. If I could get 2.9% financing and out the door price of $22k, I may purchase it. Basically, my trade-in would have to cover TTL, doc fee. I'm going to try to hold off until me certified warranty is expired at the end of the Summer.

Nice GLS. Thanks for the info. I look forward to my search of a Sonata, possibly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts