Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They've announced the new 2011 model for Australia. Sat. nav is now standard on the Premium, as is bluetooth (and a $1,000 option on all other models), and heated seats are also now part of the deal. Prices go up by $100 for base and mid-range Elite, and $1000 for the Premium (to compensate for the standard sat. nav). More importantly the suspension has been majorly tweaked, due to criticism by journalists.

More info:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/86291/hyundai-my2011-upgrades/
http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2010/hyund...011-range-22002

The car has only been on the market since May, so it's quite upsetting that they've already effectively made my car obsolete. When it comes time to sell it, who is going to want it when every other Premium will have sat. nav, bluetooth, and heated seats, except mine? Oh, and my suspension now "sucks" because they've improved it on all models. Thanks alot Hyundai. The only consolation is that I basically saved a grand, as the price has gone up by that amount on the Premium. Not too happy at the moment.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
But your have the same issue with any other car. They always add or remove things each year. So if they didn't do it as a 2011.5 model the 2012 will make your car obsolete as you put it. For us in NA the 2012 will bring updates that would make us upset that they now come with more features but, hey that's how cars are. Can't blame Hyundai one bit. They noticed the car had issues and sales were done so something had to be done to make it competitive.

It's like in NA where the Sonata scored only 4 stars in crash testing so they tweaked the car. I applauded Hyundai for fixing short comings right away instad of putting it off till the next model year.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Souks @ Oct 8 2010, 12:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361930
But your have the same issue with any other car. They always add or remove things each year. So if they didn't do it as a 2011.5 model the 2012 will make your car obsolete as you put it. For us in NA the 2012 will bring updates that would make us upset that they now come with more features but, hey that's how cars are. Can't blame Hyundai one bit. They noticed the car had issues and sales were done so something had to be done to make it competitive.

It's like in NA where the Sonata scored only 4 stars in crash testing so they tweaked the car. I applauded Hyundai for fixing short comings right away instad of putting it off till the next model year.
They don't do this with all cars. Has Hyundai changed anything on the Elantra in the past 4 years, for example? Not to my knowledge. It's especially uncommon (at least here) for a model to change within the first few years. Certainly not after 5 months. It's a risk with any car, though, I suppose. At least there are no external changes. In other words, at least nobody else will know I have the 'old' model by looking at it :)

·
1,914 Posts
I always like the newest and greatest on cars and if we wanted that, we would be broke. Car companies are always changing things every year or every couple years. When I bought my Santa Fe in 08, it had gray carpeting and I really wanted black. 2 months after I bought it, they started releasing black carpeting.

The Elantra recieved a new grille, center console, interior trim, door handles and a chrome strip for 2010 and new wheel covers for 09. The Elantra Touring also keeps adding new items every year. For 2010 and 2011 they changed packaging and added black roof rails. For 2011 they added silver roof rails and you can now get leather.

For the "updated" Sonata's, we get new horns and an "active eco" button. Are you saying bluetooth is $1,000?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Oct 8 2010, 05:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361961
For the "updated" Sonata's, we get new horns and an "active eco" button. Are you saying bluetooth is $1,000?
I should have been clearer - sat nav & bluetooth (together) are $1000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts