Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every 2011-2012 Sonata Hybrid should get this update. It will not show up by checking your VIN but will show up if you complain about hesitation or jerkiness also having trouble with cruise control.

13-FL-004
HEV MULTI-ECU UPDATE – VERSION 2

Description:
This bulletin provides information related to a software update of the following controllers: ECM/TCM/HCU/MCU/AHB/OPU by GDS Event#302, and BMS by Event#303.
This ECU Update will refine vehicle drivability, HEV transaxle shifts, and cruise control.
Applicable Vehicles: 2011-2012MY SONATA (YF) 2.4L Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)

You can tell if you already have this update if after the car is warmed up and put it in neutral it shows no energy flow in this display. You can also have your service rep check your VIN to see if it was done.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This update was not advertised by Hyundai when it came out and was probably only known about by members of auto websites. I am sure that there are many 2011-2012 HSH's that never heard about this and are just living with those problems and aren't aware that it can be fixed. The way it works after you tell your service rep the problem is that they enter your problem in the computer and it will come back with how to fix it. This is where the update 13-FL-004
HEV MULTI-ECU UPDATE – VERSION 2 will show up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well today they did a ECU update per my request, their was one that supersedes to 13 HC 001. Haven't noticed a whole lot yet except cruise control seems to stay on course now instead of going way over on MPH. Will drive more in June when I go across country.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had it done and I still get the engine charging the battery in neutral while driving. Have other people had it done to confirm that the battery will not charge in neutral while driving?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had it done and I still get the engine charging the battery in neutral while driving. Have other people had it done to confirm that the battery will not charge in neutral while driving?
I explained the picture backwards. Engine charging is normal while in N after the update.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had that update done on my early made 2012 and it completely fixed the cold start "herky jerky" problem, thanks for letting us know about it F&R.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also fixes mileage

After three trips with my 2011 to dealer and working with Hyundai Regional, the update and "all associated software" was updated. Unless "all" software is checked for version #, the hybrid system may not function at peak performance. Mileage went from 35-40 mpg hwy to 40-45 mpg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts