Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here it is right after having the Eibach Springs installed and the alignment done.
These 19's are from the Genesis Coupe GT , although the stock Genesis coupe 18's would look nice as well IMO
There is some rubbing with weight in the back over big bumps so I plan on replacing the 245 40 19 with a 225 35 19. That should reduce the tire width by about an inch.
More mods to come.

[attachment=19610:My_2008_...i_Sonata.JPG]

[attachment=19611:My_2008_...Sonata_2.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey jlefkas whered u get ur door handles in chrome from everywhere i look i get da handle and the surrounding part of it lol i just want da handle

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (liljah36388 @ Jul 30 2010, 09:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346263
hey jlefkas whered u get ur door handles in chrome from everywhere i look i get da handle and the surrounding part of it lol i just want da handle
I got them from Korean Auto Imports 2 years ago for $39.95 plus shipping. I noticed they don't have them listed anymore.
I think Kspec performance, Seoulfulracing(aka. KDMstuff) and Shark Racing still sell them. I'm sure there's a list of other parts places listed on this forum that would sell them too. Those are just a few. Hope this helps.

J

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Jul 31 2010, 02:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346292
woot about time someone has done this, been thinking about this for the longest time myself but came across my aftermarket wheels..
now you need to slam it and throw spacers lol jk but this is the pic that inspired me to love these wheels on the nata :D

but anyways looks good!

Wow! That looks awesome! Maybe I need to start saving for that body kit :)
The Eibach springs are on there. To be honest, I thought the front would be a bit lower....oh well, its still a lot better that it was.
Hey Downhiller, maybe I get the coilovers, slam it and put some CRAZY camber on it like the VIP cars :)
I'm trying to go for the SXi Concept look....especially since I have the grill. Just need to paint the hood chrome piece and get some red trim tape.
Did you paint the hood yourself or take it too a shop?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (rallyman @ Jul 31 2010, 09:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346429
jlefkas, your Sonata is looking great! Where did you get that grill?
Hi Rallyman,
I picked it up at my local Hyundai Dealership. It was $75 at a "garage sale" they were having. I guess they wanted to get rid of it cause it was originally priced at $250. It was a Hyundai part, 2006 to 2008 Hyundai Sonata Sport Grill. I'll try to get a part number for you

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Aug 1 2010, 12:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346450
yeah i got my grill and hood trim painted at a shop, didnt wanted to risk it my self lol, what made you go with eibachs instead of h&r drop?
Dude, your car looks fookin' badazz!! Love the murdered out look! is your grille the stocker 5 bar painted? Looks almost like a BMW E46.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Aug 1 2010, 01:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346450
yeah i got my grill and hood trim painted at a shop, didnt wanted to risk it my self lol, what made you go with eibachs instead of h&r drop?
OK Thanks. I've played around with paint in the past with some decent results so I was thinking of trying it myself. I guess if I screw it up I can still take it into a paint shop and get it fixed.
As for the Eibachs...to be honest I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. I have a friend who's a parts manager at the local Hyundai shop and I basically got them at cost.
I thought the difference was less than half an inch. Turns out its a pretty big difference, especially in the front. The back looks pretty tight though. Not coilover, negative camber tight but not too bad for just springs. Noticed the difference right away in the corners.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My question is are the wheels staggered on the genesis coupe? If so, will the fronts in aftermarket wheels fit on all 4 corners? I found some really sweet a*s wheels that fit the genesis coupe but they're staggered. I figured, just get 2 sets of fronts for all 4 on the sonata and done deal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (midnightNF @ Aug 1 2010, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346575
My question is are the wheels staggered on the genesis coupe? If so, will the fronts in aftermarket wheels fit on all 4 corners? I found some really sweet a*s wheels that fit the genesis coupe but they're staggered. I figured, just get 2 sets of fronts for all 4 on the sonata and done deal.
The front wheels are 19x8 +35 offset and the Rears are 19x8.5 +35 offset.
Tires are 225 40 19 Front and 245 40 19 Rear
I would say that if you went with the 225 40 19 tires on the Front rims (19x8) that would be a good fit...even with the +35 offset which stick out a bit more than the stock +46 offset

·
Banned
873 Posts
QUOTE (midnightNF @ Aug 1 2010, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346575
trust me staggered is not a problem on the sonatas, i have 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 +35 offset staggered on my car and theres no rub even with the drop

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
looks good. if the rear tires have plenty of life left i would try rolling the feders before dishing out some money on new tires.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Aug 2 2010, 02:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346604
trust me staggered is not a problem on the sonatas, i have 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 +35 offset staggered on my car and theres no rub even with the drop
Really? That's pretty wide in the back. What tire size are you running? Did you adjust the camber in the back? Did you roll your fenders?
From your pic it looks like the rears are stretched a bit. Just curious cause I really want to get rid of any rubbing in the back

1 - 20 of 49 Posts