Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, first of all I got my new 18" Motegi mr118 today!! Yeah buddy, freakin loving them. Went from stock 16"s to these 18's, they look freaking sweet!

As for my radio question, I am getting aftermarket double-din radio to put in my car, I know it fits just gotta get the dash kit and the harness. I know some may ask why you gonna replace the radio, but I want to. I have the GLS. One, I dont like the sound quality from the stock radio, and want to be able to watch dvds when Im working side jobs. The headunit is a Pionneer AVH-X1500 dvd. Havent used my satlite radio since it was up. I like Pandora and my usb for music. I know from reading here in the past, the Metra (something or other) dash kit, was junk. Is it still, what do you guys recommend.. Thanks look forward to the feedback.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1379201672.786807.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1379201681.787810.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1379201703.417245.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to thank "cabrera17" for selling his rims and tires to me! He got 20"s now.. and they look sweet!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Looks good... I'd lower it just a tad. :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Touchbeater that is one thing I don't want to do to my car.... Don't want to damage my lower bumpers or anything like that from bottoming-out. Thanks thou

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again, I'd never lower my car, yes I bet your right the stance of the car looks a lot better, but I know the way I drive lol, and the roads around my neck of the woods, I'd be hearing scraping noises, and I would be pissed the **** off, so like I said that's one mod I don't plan on doing anytime soon. Just got some rims, doing a double din radio DVD player next, then probably a spoiler... And I wanna wrap my roof of the car gloss black. And I want HIDs

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and I wanna get the weather tech in channel rain guards.. That's 100$ right there lol

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
The headunit is a Pionneer AVH-X1500 dvd. Havent used my satlite radio since it was up. I like Pandora and my usb for music.
I am interested to know how you end up liking that head unit. Pandora is my sole music source now (other than my iPod) and I am jonesing for a headunit that has a full interface.

Reviews seem to have been mixed on these types of radios but I want real word feedback, not professional reviewers.

Also you may want to consider changing speakers. I would bet this radio will kill the factory ones in short order due to the change in wattage from the headunit.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Charles, thank you, I think I will give that one a try, 14$ why not, hopefully it's not like that metro crap I heard about. 14$ thou, I'll give it a try... And at @adoggs I will let you know once I get it and put it in. I will def put up some pics and tell you guys what I think, I know I'm gonna love it. Can't wait

1 - 10 of 10 Posts