Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks! I just picked up a silver '07 Accent w/ 74k on it at the local dealer auction. I love little base model hatchbacks like this one. Crank windows, FTW! I feel like I'm in a really car when I'm driving them.

I'm looking for some advice...

Is the short shifter from the SE model or the B&M unit worth the money? My stock unit feels nicefor such a tall unit. What do you guys/gals think?

Is there a cheap option to stiffen up the suspension and maybe lower it an inch or to an inch and a half? I was looking for some stiffer struts and maybe a very slightly shorter spring... I just want the chassis to feel a little more flat during a quick turn of the wheel, plus I'm sure I'm riding on 75k mile suspension by now.

I thought about getting some 16" rims... 4x100 is the pattern, around a +40 offset and 205/45's are supposedly the right size for a stock SE to keep my speedo accurate and not get any rub. Does anybody have any advice on cheap wheels, whether they be from another car or am aftermarket vendor?

Is there a certain online shop that has the best selection of aftermarket Hyundai parts for my MC Accent?

Thank you in advance for any knowledge! :grin2:

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I would definitely upgrade the tires a couple sizes width wise. 16"s are better to look for sizes in.

The MC hatch back is the only car I have bought new and would buy again. But they screwed the pooch on the new models (RB) as far as simplicity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts