Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to what kind of deals the dealers are willing to give up on the new Sonata. The financing is not that great with all the 0% that is out there now. Please do not embelish what you negotiated, just tell us what kind of deal you got. Did they go to invoice, or below? Did they give oil changes for life, state inspection for life, loaner car offers? Tell us what you got.

·
Registered
652 Posts
On a Limited MSRP of $28,250, I paid $2,500 less than MSRP which included $500 owner loyalty. This was before tax, tag and title, of course. I didn't get any kind of special deal on financing/interest rates.

I ordered mine on Super Bowl Sunday, when the car was brand new and not readily at hand. Now that inventories are building up on dealer lots, I would imagine that more incentives will be rolled out.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I was offered $100 over invoice 24745 .

This figure was before trade or any other additional rebates I was available for ...

BUT this price was only available for any car on the lot. If I wanted a different color , nav, etc etc, It all started from square one with the MRSP and dicker from there....

·
Registered
2 Posts
just to be clear, the 28250-2500 was on a limited with nav and the 24745 is for a limited, no nav right?

also, no TTL on either of those prices?

thanks, looking to get one so this thread def. helps

·
Registered
932 Posts
As posted elsewhere, Limited with NAV + Pearl White. MSRP $28,450. Price pre-TTL $25,468. There were no negotiations, this was an email quote.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Limited (no nav) for $24,094 (including freight, iPod cable, and mats). Does not include tax, title, etc. They didn't have my color, but traded with another dealer within 24 hrs to get it. I used the standard 60 month 2.9% or 72 month 3.9% financing.

·
Registered
722 Posts
QUOTE (snowlarbear @ Mar 12 2010, 10:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=303873
just to be clear, the 28250-2500 was on a limited with nav and the 24745 is for a limited, no nav right?

also, no TTL on either of those prices?

thanks, looking to get one so this thread def. helps
You are correct, sorry I didn't state that

24745 limited no nav... and it had to be on the lot......

G

·
0 Posts
I got a limited w/o nav last weekend. 26150 msrp for 24189. I used zag.com through american express. ,

http://amexnetwork.zag.com

I got a guaranteed price of 500 under invoice from a dealer 15 miles away, printed out the quote, and had my local dealer match them. Also before I went to zag I asked for an internet quote from the same place with the zag quote and they had quoted me 24990.

·
Registered
201 Posts
On my Limited w/o Nav., (MSRP was $26,150, I paid $23,000 + title and tax, no other fees. Made this deal though the dealer's internet manager and when I go to dealer, it took an hour for paperwork. Internet is the only way to deal...no haggling with a salesman.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (AWAHOO @ Mar 12 2010, 06:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=304025
On my Limited w/o Nav., (MSRP was $26,150, I paid $23,000 + title and tax, no other fees. Made this deal though the dealer's internet manager and when I go to dealer, it took an hour for paperwork. Internet is the only way to deal...no haggling with a salesman.
Good deal. I actually leased mine and, in 2 days dealing with various internet salesmen, my quotes went from $412/mo. plus taxes and fees, with $2499 due at signing to $326.80/mo, nothing out of pocket, out the door. Limited no NAV, mats, $26,115 MSRP, leased for $1000 under invoice, which is $23,xxx (and change). I got the dealership I started with (and am closest to in proximity) to agree to another dealership's fleet manager's quote for a car coming off truck tomorrow. They just gave up or gave in, whichever. There was also a clear bra ($399 retail sticker on the car) that they didn't charge me for and, for some reason, I just found wheel locks in the trunk. That's my deal. (36 mos./12K per year)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Has any one in the FT Lauerdale FL area made any deals on the 2011 Sonata Limited? Looks like they want MSRP or more. Going to VA next week and hope to get a deal there.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you are coming to Virginia, try Gateway Hyundai in Colonial Heights, VA. Ask for Sean Adkins the internet manager. This is where I got my fantastic deal! You can refer to previous posts to see the details.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (Guest @ Mar 12 2010, 07:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=304013
I got a limited w/o nav last weekend. 26150 msrp for 24189. I used zag.com through american express. ,

http://amexnetwork.zag.com

I got a guaranteed price of 500 under invoice from a dealer 15 miles away, printed out the quote, and had my local dealer match them. Also before I went to zag I asked for an internet quote from the same place with the zag quote and they had quoted me 24990.
Holy cow! Ive never heard of that site before and just plugged in some info and it came with a quote $1300 under MSRP. I am definitely going to bookmark that site for when I am ready to actually start wheelin' and dealin'! :)

QUOTE (AWAHOO @ Mar 12 2010, 08:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=304025
Its been a couple of years since I've bought a new car, and I've always been keen on Internet research, but in my experience, any time you get ahold of an "Internet Sales Manager", they dont talk much over the computer, they just want to get you into the dealer to talk more and once you're there, its just like talking to any other sales person.

Have things changed within the last 3-4 years in terms of cooperation with "Internet Sales Managers"? I would hope that they could see that if they can negoatiate through email, it saves time with people coming into the store and going back and forth for several hours with a sales person, but who knows.

·
Registered
932 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Mar 19 2010, 12:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=305630
Have things changed within the last 3-4 years in terms of cooperation with "Internet Sales Managers"? I would hope that they could see that if they can negoatiate through email, it saves time with people coming into the store and going back and forth for several hours with a sales person, but who knows.
When I bought mine I sent inquires to 5 different dealers. The place I eventually bought from was the one that sent me the lowest price, $2982 under MSRP . Of the other 4, 2 of them never even emailed me a price, just come on down. One other sent me a decent price and the last one sent me about $200 off MSRP.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (midas69 @ Mar 19 2010, 01:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=305634
When I bought mine I sent inquires to 5 different dealers. The place I eventually bought from was the one that sent me the lowest price, $2982 under MSRP . Of the other 4, 2 of them never even emailed me a price, just come on down. One other sent me a decent price and the last one sent me about $200 off MSRP.
Thats good to hear. I am sure there are still dealers out there who dont "get it", but if you got a decent offer from 2 of the 5, that gives me hope! :)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Internet dealing is the way to go i've found from personal experience buying a 2007 Santa Fe and a 2009 Sonata.

If I jump on the 2011 out of principle i'll have to wait for the incentives to roll in before dealing, these prices are too rich for my blood. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess I'll be the Devils advocate here, and let it be known that I am a Hyundai sales manager on the gulf coast. Sure, everyone wants the best deal possible, and I am an authorized "ZAG" dealer as well. But that being said, the dealers do have to make a profit to stay in business. The internet sales are designed to be a quick "no haggle" buying experience, and usually make it easier on the customer, as well as the dealer.
But what many potential buyer do not realize, is that their money is also buying a relationship with the local dealer. I can't count the times customers have taken my quote to another dealer, and have them beat it by 50 to 100 bucks! Are they going to have their service done where they bought the car? (which is usually a fair drive away)...no. Then they go to their local dealer out of convience, and expect preferential treatment. Loaner car, etc.

So, that being said when you are negotiating your new vehicle, remember that a few bucks saved in the purchase price, could cost you time and aggravation down the road!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE (rwork @ Mar 19 2010, 11:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=305710
I guess I'll be the Devils advocate here, and let it be known that I am a Hyundai sales manager on the gulf coast. Sure, everyone wants the best deal possible, and I am an authorized "ZAG" dealer as well. But that being said, the dealers do have to make a profit to stay in business. The internet sales are designed to be a quick "no haggle" buying experience, and usually make it easier on the customer, as well as the dealer.
But what many potential buyer do not realize, is that their money is also buying a relationship with the local dealer. I can't count the times customers have taken my quote to another dealer, and have them beat it by 50 to 100 bucks! Are they going to have their service done where they bought the car? (which is usually a fair drive away)...no. Then they go to their local dealer out of convience, and expect preferential treatment. Loaner car, etc.

So, that being said when you are negotiating your new vehicle, remember that a few bucks saved in the purchase price, could cost you time and aggravation down the road!
rwork, good to have someone of your background with us. While we may not always agree with what you might say,(I mean you are sort of a salesman) the views and knowledge from the "other" side could be of great help to many. I hope you will post often.

1 - 20 of 448 Posts