Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2006 Tucson Limited. We are at the end of this set of tires but not sure what everyone suggests. We live in North Carolina so we get some Winter snow but not a ton. Depends on the year. So I need an all around good tire. I was looking at the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max and a Firestone FR710. Any thoughts on either of these? I'd like something quiet. The firestone is buy 3 get the 4th free so i'm leaning towards that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
QUOTE (BCS1106 @ Aug 28 2010, 09:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352509
My wife has a 2006 Tucson Limited. We are at the end of this set of tires but not sure what everyone suggests. We live in North Carolina so we get some Winter snow but not a ton. Depends on the year. So I need an all around good tire. I was looking at the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max and a Firestone FR710. Any thoughts on either of these? I'd like something quiet. The firestone is buy 3 get the 4th free so i'm leaning towards that.

Thanks!
Try Tirerack. You can research what you need.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
QUOTE (slanguage @ Aug 31 2010, 05:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353373
I have an '05 GLS 4Wd and I run these. Great tire, and was great in all the snow we got in Philadelphia this year. Very happy with them.
We're getting close to replacing the standard Bridgestone Duelers on the wife's '07 Tucson. These standard tires are NOISY! Are the tires you got from Tirerack quiet on the highway? What about wet and dry handling?

·
Registered
189 Posts
My OEM Hankook tires were very noise and only lasted maybe 25k, they are a very low-end tire. I got Yokohoma Avid touring for $400 and they are much quieter, handled better and are a I believe 80k tire which means about 60k real life. Let us know what you decide on and how you like them.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Go to www.tirerack.com and do some looking around. Compare what's available in various categories. You can read reviews and surveys from users.

I just ordered some BFGoodrich Advantage T/A tires for the wife's Tucson in size 235/60-16, which BTW will also fit my '01 Santa Fe. I had very good service from some similar tires on another car several years ago. At $100 each they aren't cheap, but there's a $60 rebate for a set of four, which will more than pay the shipping charge. The tires are being sent to a local Express Oil Change shop for mounting.

In the Grand Touring category the top rated tires were Michelin Primacy MXV4, but of course they were more expensive by $18 each. IMO, the BFG's are a good compromise. Just my 2 cents' worth.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I took the plunge.

I got some new tires for the wife's Tucson - BFGoodrich Advantage T/A, size 235/60-16, from tirerack.com. The original Bridgestone Duelers were awful - noisy, rough riding, traction only so-so wet and dry, and didn't look like they would get much past 30K miles (~27,500 now). I've had good service from similar BFG's on another car. They're smooth, quiet, grippy, and they look good. Slightly over $505 w/shipping and I get a $60 rebate for the set of four. Hard to beat a deal like that! :grin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's moot now, but we just put Kumho Solus KH16's on my wife's Tucson at 60K miles. They were great tires on my 2002 Subaru Forester S, and she's not had any issues with them on her Hyundai.

IronChefMorimoto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts