Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I accidentally left a dome light on the other day and drained the battery down just enough that it wouldn't start today, being in a parkade it wasn't Long before someone stopped to help out.
My question is... Is there an easy was to hook a booster cable up to the VC? I couldn't seem to get it to hook very well at all on the positive side...it's a strange setup, and looks like you really shouldn't be hooking up there, but I don't see anywhere else. It was a newer Mercedes that gave me the boost, and it had two well marked points specifically for boosting, I feel like the VC should have something similar.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Haven't boosted my VC but my Santa Fe had a flip-up plastic cap on the positive side. Underneath that anything metal should work.

Highly recommended to use smart cables with polarity check... too many things can get fried on modern cars :)

Don

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, OEM battery, there is a flip up cover but under that is where the problem is...there's nothing metal that protrudes enough to get a jumper cable to clip on securely. It's almost like a little electrical panel under there.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
no easy way...i had to boost mine for a day earlier this summer. no warning of weak battery. stopped to go get a bite to eat for lunch, to go, and came out and nothing. had to hook up to both sides of battery with cables vs. grounding it to the car. everything is freaking plastic. i looked in the owner's manual...not much help there.

i had no trouble jumping it. did it three times before i got the battery replaced. i totally FORGOT i had AAA and they would have come done it for me and sold me a battery (cheaper than what i paid for one at the local auto store)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts