Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we have 6 kits released for 2011 Sonata and we are discovering more and more variables.
Not sure how many kits we have to make now. :innocent:

We thought all Sonatas with manual climate control come with short door trims (F1 and R1), but a customer just informed us with photos that it also comes with (F2 and R3)

We think Limited models come in F2 and R2, but I saw a photo that showing F1 & R1 combo.

So! Can we have a little survey? :)
Please, can you take a look at your doors and see what will fit your car, then post here.
Your help is greatly appreciated !!!!
Thank you. :liebe011:

Radio/Climate control option

ex: GLS , Popular Equipment Package , Navi Package : F1,R1, S3</span>

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (EL'ation @ May 4 2010, 04:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319553
So, we have 6 kits released for 2011 Sonata and we are discovering more and more variables.
Not sure how many kits we have to make now. :innocent:

We thought all Sonatas with manual climate control come with short door trims (F1 and R1), but a customer just informed us with photos that it also comes with (F2 and R3)

We think Limited models come in F2 and R2, but I saw a photo that showing F1 & R1 combo.

So! Can we have a little survey? :)
Please, can you take a look at your doors and see what will fit your car, then post here.
Your help is greatly appreciated !!!!
Thank you. :liebe011:

Radio/Climate control option

ex: GLS , Popular Equipment Package , Navi Package : F1,R1, S3</span>
Limited, NAV Package F2,R2,S3?
See NAV here:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
With all of these versions, would it make more sense to offers "modular kits"

Example -

>Window switch Trim (Versions)
> Door Trim (optional on some of your competition)
> Basic Dash Trim (AC Vent Areas ... Like OEM)
> Climate/Nav Trim
> Center Console Trim near Cup holders

It seems like you may have less iterations by doing that...

You may recall my previous post asking for Just, Door, Window Swithces, & AC... plus possibly Center Console. I have seen several posts from folks who like the concept of the wood kit, but felt that many of the kits were over-kill .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ May 4 2010, 05:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319562
With all of these versions, would it make more sense to offers "modular kits"

Example -

>Window switch Trim (Versions)
> Door Trim (optional on some of your competition)
> Basic Dash Trim (AC Vent Areas ... Like OEM)
> Climate/Nav Trim
> Center Console Trim near Cup holders

It seems like you may have less iterations by doing that...

You may recall my previous post asking for Just, Door, Window Swithces, & AC... plus possibly Center Console. I have seen several posts from folks who like the concept of the wood kit, but felt that many of the kits were over-kill .
Yeah, I hear you.
Unfortunately, I don't have enough power to decide the contents of the kits. But I brought it to the management's attention.
One day I might. I was just a co-op student about a month ago. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (SeattleGuy @ May 4 2010, 05:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319556
Out of curiosity, who is 'we' ?

... if we can have a little discount coupon :p

Sherwood innovations
http://www.sherwoodinnovations.com/ Sorry, our server is having a problem right now.

Ha, we don't have a coupon, but if you PM me, I am sure I can do something for the forum members.
I made the account here to hang out, but somehow I am working at home right now.
Thank you Sonata for having so many door pieces. :p

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I noticed that your kits have the different length on the window switch trim, where some of your competition only has the shorter pieces. What I am wondering is; will the shorter pieces work even on the trim with the longer base?. Sure you would still have some of the "tail" edge of trim showing underneath, but the trim has to stop somewhere, right?
It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone tried the "short" trim piece on the door panels with the tails. I'm not sure it would look bad at all.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (EL'ation @ May 4 2010, 07:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319613
Someone did put shorter one on the longer base.
The base was also wider so it wasn't flush to the inner edge.
OK.. that answers my question. Seems very strange that Hyundai made different versions of that piece, but they obviously did. I wonder why?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I can't help you cause I also have the limited with nav.

I am looking for kit for some pieces, so after you get all this figured out, I will pm and see what kit I need for the pieces I want.

Thanks for doing this.....

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ May 5 2010, 07:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319976
I can't help you cause I also have the limited with nav.

I am looking for kit for some pieces, so after you get all this figured out, I will pm and see what kit I need for the pieces I want.

Thanks for doing this.....
Quigley...

Can you describe which pieces you are looking for?
(Interested to see what others are considering)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (EL'ation @ May 5 2010, 08:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320002
Thank you!
So, all SE doors are like Limited except there's no heated seat buttons in the back.
That means we have to create 2 more kits. :banana:
wow

It would make sense if we sell door pieces separately.
EL'ation -

I'm telling ya! You should take a poll to see how many folks want to go full bore with the pieces around the climate control, NAV sunroof etc..
I am willing to bet that most want to do the factory look (AC vents, Door trim) and then possibly the window switch areas. If you offered those options, I would jump on it. As I posted before I might also consider the center console/Heated Front Seat area, but that would not be a show stopper.

·
Registered
167 Posts
QUOTE (EL'ation @ May 5 2010, 08:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320002
Thank you!
So, all SE doors are like Limited except there's no heated seat buttons in the back.
That means we have to create 2 more kits. :banana:
wow

It would make sense if we sell door pieces separately.
Well hurry up cuz I got muh checkbook ready! I'm not scared of being a lab rat. :cigareta:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ May 4 2010, 08:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319620
OK.. that answers my question. Seems very strange that Hyundai made different versions of that piece, but they obviously did. I wonder why?
OK.. my son works for LKQ auto parts, and I asked him to check on why the "long tail" vs. "short tail" in the window switch areas.
Based on his research, all cars with Smart/Proximity Keys have the long tail trim. Regular keys have the short trim.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (vewdew @ May 5 2010, 11:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320062
Well hurry up cuz I got muh checkbook ready! I'm not scared of being a lab rat. :cigareta:

I'll let you know as soon as it's ready. :thumbsup:

QUOTE (jsmit86 @ May 5 2010, 11:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320066
OK.. my son works for LKQ auto parts, and I asked him to check on why the "long tail" vs. "short tail" in the window switch areas.
Based on his research, all cars with Smart/Proximity Keys have the long tail trim. Regular keys have the short trim.
I see! Thank you.
All SE and Limited models in the US have those keys right?

Actually, Canadian Limited models have regular keys and come with long tailed trims.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.