Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got coilovers installed today and brought the car to several shops Firestone, Sears, Independent, etc and nobody has the wheel alignment specs for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. Can anyone here help me find what I need to get this done?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Sounds like they need to get out of the alignment business if they cant work without published numbers...

Your vehicle is modified, and with the chassis slammed, you probably have a bunch of camber that there is no provision to adjust, caster is run what got, and toe will be your only adjustment available to you.

Teachings at manufacture school for chassis is look for your numbers to be square... no more than 1/2 degree spread side to side, any more and car will want to push to side with least camber.

Caster, no more than 1/2 degree spread side to side... Caster provides forward stability.

Toe, too much either way and edges of tread will sawtooth.. you can use toe to affect feel of car/steering response. Setting up with total toe-out seem to make handling feel loose, turn wheel some, no reaction, turn more and front start to turn.

Toe in will make steering more responsive, and provides more feel in the steering wheel.

Now, set the car up on the alignment rack, verify camber at rear is similar, "0" to -0.25 degree be great, toe it at "0" to +0.04 total toe at rear.

Set front in similar fashion (0.04 to 0.08 degree total) , you should be real happy with steering feel and handling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts