Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in need of a viscous coupler for 2009 Santa Fe. Part #47800-39400.
where is best place to get this? Google search mostly showing EBay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The couplers can be refilled with oil which seems to fix the rear end clunk/jolt/thumping problem. Much cheaper than a new coupler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m in need of a viscous coupler for 2009 Santa Fe. Part #47800-39400.
where is best place to get this? Google search mostly showing EBay.
IBay is a bad choice. I did order à new one on EBay comming from China.
Much cheaper but i receive à rebuilt and i have to send it back because after
i install it find out it was wurst thank my old one.
It was a bad expérience for me.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
You could check Rock Auto or other parts sources for prices on oem parts. Up to 2009 the coupler are very reliable. The problem started in 2010 which must have been a different design and I suspect its still used since failures are occuring quite early in life and often as in a 2015 Sorento it went after 40,000km which is absurd. Warranty covered it but what happens in another 40k. Eh...

They need to fix this issue and get the heads out of the sand pleading ignorance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You could check Rock Auto or other parts sources for prices on oem parts. Up to 2009 the coupler are very reliable. The problem started in 2010 which must have been a different design and I suspect its still used since failures are occuring quite early in life and often as in a 2015 Sorento it went after 40,000km which is absurd. Warranty covered it but what happens in another 40k. Eh...

They need to fix this issue and get the heads out of the sand pleading ignorance.
On my 2012 i removed the drive shaft completly and driving on 2 wheels drive.
There is no light on on the dash.
I will never buy another Hyundai it is a peace of ****.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts