Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI >:D grettings

I'm trying to figure out why my "valve cover" is leaking oil and also there's even oil on-top of my "valve cover bolts" weird never seen this before it's like blowing oil up onto the bolts ?.

what I' tried so far opened the oil filler cap too see if there's excessive cylinder blow by gases,doesn't seem high to me.

I' thought maybe its' an obstructed EGR valve ? I' can't determine that as I' don't no if this car has one,does any body no if this car has one ?

checked PVC valve seems ok,the valve is mounted horizontally,that seems stupid to me,seems easier for oil pool.

since the top of an engine is basically an oven on high,I' don't expect gaskets too last that long.

good nt zzzzzz

·
Registered
882 Posts
just get new PCV valve. My PCV seemed OK but it turned to be the problem after replacing it.

EGR in Hyundai is called purge valve. After years the seal inside is leaking and electrical parts worn out, air flow changed and engine works poorly. You can get a new one too since it's cheap on ebay

If the rubber pipes are perished or hard to pull out, you can just cut off and buy new pipe. It's called fuel line hose in advance auto and like $1 per foot, and also the new clamps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hay thank for the tip Camper

prior this I' had a high idle,one of the crankcase hoses was eaten through,probably related those emission components clogged

1 - 3 of 3 Posts