Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed a couple of days ago that my antenna cover was missing. Went to Hyundai yesterday to see if they could help. They said it would be $419.91 to replace and install a new antenna and cover. I asked if I can just buy the cover and they said no. The base is secured by screws that come from under the roof and screw into the cover securing the two together. The 5 screws all looked like they had sheared off, with some plastic remaining around a couple of what remained of the screws. No other damage was present, not to the roof or the antenna itself. The part is $170.48, and labor $237.50 (the headliner has to be removed to install). then with tax $419.91. I asked if it was covered under warranty and he said no, that it was not a defect, and something had impacted the cover and broke it off. I protested, and he said he would turn it in to customer service. Said he would have an answer by Tuesday or Wednesday. If I could just get hold of a cover I think I could just glue it on and I would be set however I can't find just the cover. I did find the whole assembly for $111 so I could do it that way. Just wondering if anyone has had or heard of the same problem, and what solution there was.

·
Registered
887 Posts
You will be taking the headliner off and well if you never did it, will be money well spent. As you will more then likely damage the head liner to actually install a new fin.

FYI those just don't break as something did impact it.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I just noticed a couple of days ago that my antenna cover was missing. Went to Hyundai yesterday to see if they could help. They said it would be $419.91 to replace and install a new antenna and cover. I asked if I can just buy the cover and they said no. The base is secured by screws that come from under the roof and screw into the cover securing the two together. The 5 screws all looked like they had sheared off, with some plastic remaining around a couple of what remained of the screws. No other damage was present, not to the roof or the antenna itself. The part is $170.48, and labor $237.50 (the headliner has to be removed to install). then with tax $419.91. I asked if it was covered under warranty and he said no, that it was not a defect, and something had impacted the cover and broke it off. I protested, and he said he would turn it in to customer service. Said he would have an answer by Tuesday or Wednesday. If I could just get hold of a cover I think I could just glue it on and I would be set however I can't find just the cover. I did find the whole assembly for $111 so I could do it that way. Just wondering if anyone has had or heard of the same problem, and what solution there was.
The headliner isn't something to be afraid of. Just be careful pulling the trim and removing everything and it'll drop down OK. Take your time. It may take 2 or 3 hours first time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts