Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys what’s going on last night the latch for my center console broke the bottom latch that holds the arm rest to the console i was left with in my hand the past couple days the armrest has been feeling loose and now i know why the latch must of been broken for a few days now and just fell off, so I’m going into the dealer this week I’m over the 60K warranty but i have the extended warranty that i bought when i got my car that extends the bumper to bumper warranty to 100k i was going to ask the service writer if the whole armrest had to be changed if he could order me a back one since my interior is painted black anyhow and the armrest is still gray, I’m guessing he would need the vin of a black one to order the right color so i need the vin to a sonata with a black interior, i know the platinum editions came with the black interior or maybe somebody just has an all-black interior could you send me your vin thanks a bunch guys

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Your service advisor is not a parts person... Go visit the parts counter and talk to the parts person, he can order the part by basic part number and by the color code suffix.. not hard to do,, savy part fella can figure out the color code.. I think if he look it up as generic vehicle, it will pop up all the part number with each color code, pick the black and order that number...

Have the part fella pull up the pic of what you looking for, and most of time it is drawn out how the part is sold.

Go visit the part counter andwork with them, then go make arrangment with service fella up in the aisle.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s what they tell me all the time that i need the vin and so forth and give me the run around so i figured if i went in there with the vin of a sonata with a black interior they’ll be more inclined to actually be cool and order me the black one not just another gray one but i actually found the vin of a platinum edition for sale on cars.com so I’m going into the dealer with a vin number in hand so hopefully they'll play along I’ll let you guys know thanks a bunch

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So today i went into the Dealer and sad to say the console lid isnt covered under the extended warranty which i think is complete bull but whatever with my discount the console lid came out to 150 and i ordered a black one to match the car owell could of been worse and paid the full price of 200 something

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You would think that paying so much for an extended warranty it would cove bumoer to bumper but they dont tell you that when there feeding it down your throat i actually didnt get anything telling me what was included with the warranty now i know that its pretty useless next car i get no way am i paying for that bull

1 - 7 of 7 Posts