Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife accidentally backed out of the garage and broke off the passenger side mirror. I ordered a pair of replacement power mirrors, but the connector looks like its for a standard sonata. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the hybrid power mirrors? I found the wiring diagram for the standard sonata power mirrors already, but need to know the wires for the hybrid connector. If not Ill have to do it the trial and error way ha ha. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I like the way you blamed the wife lol. Sorry i can't help you but i had to comment. Im sure you'll get some help from some knowledgeable members here soon.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
542 Posts
Normally when i see a broken off mirror it's a female driver lol. It's hilarious when they just leave the broken mirror dangling on the door. That's one of the first things i taught both of my daughter's when they started driving to watch out for the mirrors backing or driving into the garage and going through restaurant drive thru's. So far they've been fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Banned
532 Posts
Hope this helps, apologies for the quality as I couldn't get it on a single page for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Too funny!
Thanks jdgorsky! Through trial and error I figured out which wires go where. In case anyone wants the power mirror wiring for dummies here it is:

(C)Yel/(M)Blue = Left/Right Mirror Movement
(C)Grn/(M)Grn = Up/Down Mirror Movement
(C)Red/(M)Red = Hot
(C)Red/(M)Gry = Hot to LED Lamp (same HOT as above)
(C)Turquoise/(M)Yel = Turn Signal
(C)BLK/(M)BLK = Ground (note there are two black wires from both the mirror and car. I don't think it matters so I cant say which goes to which.)
White Wire from Car not sure what it does so I left it alone.

C = Car
M = Mirror

Hope this helps!

PS: Forgot to add, but I am color blind so the Turquoise could be a light green. Just an FYI haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Deja vu: I have a very similar issue. My wife broke the right mirror of our 2013 Hyundai Sonata LTD Hybrid. I ordered a mirror over the internet and it to is not for the Hybrid. Did you have any issues? I am rewiring mine now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Deja vu: I have a very similar issue. My wife broke the right mirror of our 2013 Hyundai Sonata LTD Hybrid. I ordered a mirror over the internet and it to is not for the Hybrid. Did you have any issues? I am rewiring mine now.
Old thread I know. Has anyone done this successfully and have it written down. I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
2014 Sonata hybrid Limited. Same issue - only worse

Old thread I know. Has anyone done this successfully and have it written down. I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Hey there, first post: So I have the same issue going on. Missus had to choose between head-on accident or swiping a trashcan... she chose the right answer but broke the passenger side mirror. So I got a replacement, but the plug was different. In trying to match up the wiring, I shorted something out, heard a 'pop' and now:
- the center information console/stereo/backupcamera/gps screen doesn't work.
- The driver side mirror position no longer works. -
Everything else in the car seems to work including the little screen in the instrument cluster.

I've checked the fuses under the hood and by the parking brake and I can't seem to find which one I popped. Did I royally screw this thing up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Disregard, I am an idiot

Turned out to be the "clock" fuse that I missed checking the first time around.

<sigh>
Still have to figure out this mirror thing, but at least I didn't fry anything.

Hey there, first post: So I have the same issue going on. Missus had to choose between head-on accident or swiping a trashcan... she chose the right answer but broke the passenger side mirror. So I got a replacement, but the plug was different. In trying to match up the wiring, I shorted something out, heard a 'pop' and now:
- the center information console/stereo/backupcamera/gps screen doesn't work.
- The driver side mirror position no longer works. -
Everything else in the car seems to work including the little screen in the instrument cluster.

I've checked the fuses under the hood and by the parking brake and I can't seem to find which one I popped. Did I royally screw this thing up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Problem solved. Wiring posted for reference

Got it wired up. On a side note, the resistances thru the up/down & left/right motors was different than on the original mirror, but since they are only used intermittantly, not really concerned.

CAR WIRING || OLD PLUG COLOR || NEW MIRROR WIRING || FUNCTION

ORG W/BLK || LIGHT BLUE || YELLOW || (+) BLINKER
BLACK || LIGHT TAN || TAN || (-) BLINKER
YELLOW || RED || RED || UP/DOWN & LEFT/RIGHT MOTORS COMMON POWER
BLU W/BLK || GREY || BLUE || UP/DOWN MOTOR SEL
WHT W/ BLK || BLUE || GREEN || LEFT/RIGHT MOTOR SEL
PINK || BLACK || BLACK || (+) MIRROR HEATER
BLACK || BLACK || BLACK || (-) MIRROR HEATER

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Too funny!
Thanks jdgorsky! Through trial and error I figured out which wires go where. In case anyone wants the power mirror wiring for dummies here it is:

(C)Yel/(M)Blue = Left/Right Mirror Movement
(C)Grn/(M)Grn = Up/Down Mirror Movement
(C)Red/(M)Red = Hot
(C)Red/(M)Gry = Hot to LED Lamp (same HOT as above)
(C)Turquoise/(M)Yel = Turn Signal
(C)BLK/(M)BLK = Ground (note there are two black wires from both the mirror and car. I don't think it matters so I cant say which goes to which.)
White Wire from Car not sure what it does so I left it alone.

C = Car
M = Mirror

Hope this helps!

PS: Forgot to add, but I am color blind so the Turquoise could be a light green. Just an FYI haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts