Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Elentra Coupe. I looked at different things to get more HP out of her. What are if any suggestions? Would getting a better racing chip, Thermostat, Plugs, or a supercharger set up? The only other thing I'm worried about is voiding my warranty. I have about 9,000 on her now. Not looking to race but just want more power on the top end. I would like to see her get over 135 I think she will but I keep running out of room. I think the only place I could go would be the salt flats. Also does anyone who knows about these set ups think that changing the RPM monitor or REV Limiter would make a difference at top end speeds? I know at the line I take her to the limit through 2-5 then hit 6th and watch the lines disappear. Well maybe I'm just a nut and if i want to go that fast should have bought a faster car but I like my little coupe. She eases in and out of traffic very nicely and rides great. I had the four door before this a 2011 and it was pretty quick and had better suspension. Thank you.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have a 2013 Elentra Coupe. I looked at different things to get more HP out of her. What are if any suggestions? Would getting a better racing chip, Thermostat, Plugs, or a supercharger set up? The only other thing I'm worried about is voiding my warranty. I have about 9,000 on her now. Not looking to race but just want more power on the top end. I would like to see her get over 135 I think she will but I keep running out of room. I think the only place I could go would be the salt flats. Also does anyone who knows about these set ups think that changing the RPM monitor or REV Limiter would make a difference at top end speeds? I know at the line I take her to the limit through 2-5 then hit 6th and watch the lines disappear. Well maybe I'm just a nut and if i want to go that fast should have bought a faster car but I like my little coupe. She eases in and out of traffic very nicely and rides great. I had the four door before this a 2011 and it was pretty quick and had better suspension. Thank you.
Sounds like you want a Gen coupe. Not sure what's avail for the 13's, I'm sure little stuff is. But if you want to see/feel a big difference, I think you wanna trade that thing in ;)

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
I have a 2013 Elentra Coupe. I looked at different things to get more HP out of her. What are if any suggestions?
Honest answer: Trade it in on something already engineered with more power. Honestly. Really.

MOST of the inexpensive "power mods" are just a waste of money in the end; the ones that do anything at all don't make enough difference to be worth it.

To get a significant difference, you just about have to pull the engine and send it to a racing shop for a complete rebuild.
That will be more expensive than a different car and send your resale value plunging toward ZERO quickly.

THEN you gas mileage goes to ****, there is more strain on the parts and you warranty is gone........and there isn't anything you can DO with the additional power on the street that isn't illegal or dangerous or both.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Options

These guys are right for the most part, but if you want to make this car do what you want you WILL have to void the warranty. I'm not sure what you have to work with under the hood, but chips don't do a whole lot without up grading other components, but it would probably get ride of your rev limiter.

Supercharging, forget your warranty, the only cars dealerships that allow this is BMW, and that's because they have a VERY close relationship with a company called, "DINAN" and when they install at the dealership these superchargers they are do not void the cars warranty.

Anyway you try to improve your top end IS going to cost you, and the buys are right you might as well just trade-in, and upgrade something that's perpously built to go fast.

Good hunting

·
Registered
290 Posts
Two things for more power!

Don't listen to them "Ripple." All you need to get some more speed is buy some bitchen flame decals and use STP Gas Treatment. I suggest going to Walmart for these after market performance items. Totally worked for me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts