Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pair of iJDMTOY Exact Fit 14W High Power LED DRL's for my 2013 Sonata and I have a question. :confused:

After installing the DRL's and harness and the module my question is " where can I find a harness or fuse block to hook up my DRL's that ONLY has power when I turn the car on and then off when I turn it off ."

All's I need is a +power supply that comes on when I start the car and the shut's off when I turn the car off. This is what I want to hook the module to run the DRL's.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPERICATED.... THANKS :D

·
Registered
660 Posts
The easiest way, is to buy a DRL harness. It will turn on the fog lights and they will not go off until the engine shuts off. There is no sensor to turn them of when it's dark, but you can connect one wire to your low beam if you want them to turn off when your headlights are turned on. The DRL harness costs less than $20 on eBay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The easiest way, is to buy a DRL harness. It will turn on the fog lights and they will not go off until the engine shuts off. There is no sensor to turn them of when it's dark, but you can connect one wire to your low beam if you want them to turn off when your headlights are turned on. The DRL harness costs less than $20 on eBay.

Thanks for the reply AAAAccent but not relly what I want to do.

What I want to do is add an On-Off switch just for my DRL's.

So what I'm asking is there anywhere in the engine bay or under the dash that's has easy access to power ONLY when the car is turned.

Like when you turn on your car and the radio works and then turn it off and the radio shuts off. That's what I want to tap my DRL's into.

Any help anyone..... Thanks in advance. :D

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Op; you say you have a harness. Use a multimeter or 12 volt troubleshooting light to find an ignition switched power source in one of the fuse boxes. I know the interior has such a circuit, the under hood box may as well. Once found, connect the positive wire from the harness' relay coil to it. The power to the DRLs should be routed the battery. Your harness should be equipped with a fuse holder. A 10 amp fuse should be a good choice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed the exact lights on Friday. I used this thread as a resource:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/222-yf-2011-sonata-i45/143038-unavi-120-led-drl-kit-installed-pics.html

As others have said, go to AutoZone or the like and get an Add-A-Fuse. Don't forget to buy an actual fuse too. A 10A should work fine. Then, plug it into the empty fuse slot under the hood and run power off it. Works great! Only complaint is they are on whenever the engine is running, but that's OK for me for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Op; you say you have a harness. Use a multimeter or 12 volt troubleshooting light to find an ignition switched power source in one of the fuse boxes. I know the interior has such a circuit, the under hood box may as well. Once found, connect the positive wire from the harness' relay coil to it. The power to the DRLs should be routed the battery. Your harness should be equipped with a fuse holder. A 10 amp fuse should be a good choice.
Thanks 13SonataScott for the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just installed the exact lights on Friday. I used this thread as a resource:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/222-y...038-unavi-120-led-drl-kit-installed-pics.html

As others have said, go to AutoZone or the like and get an Add-A-Fuse. Don't forget to buy an actual fuse too. A 10A should work fine. Then, plug it into the empty fuse slot under the hood and run power off it. Works great! Only complaint is they are on whenever the engine is running, but that's OK for me for now.

THANKS... sonata_yours. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Problem solved. I'll take some pic's when I'm done. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts