Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided to start doing some mods on my 2.0T. (Just totaled my GTO :( ) I am looking at wheels and H&R lowering springs for now. I really like the Vossen CV3's but not sure I want to pay that much for them. I've found a few similar looking wheels and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with them.

MHT Wheels Inc.# I really like these and they are 1/2 the price. What do you guys/gals think? Thinking about 20x8.5 w/ 35mm offset. Would this work or just go for the 45mm?

Any help/thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just ordered the same wheels in silver. The issue I had was I asked for the 45mm offset and they shipped the 35mm. If you are lowered you will have fitment issues with the 35et. I can't comment on the 35et with the H/R springs but I could not get that to fit unless I wanted to run more camber than I'm willing to on my D2 coilovers. The manufacturer also said that it would be another 8 weeks to get the 45et. I'm not sure if they have that color in stock but I would check before you get your hopes up. It was definitely a sharp looking wheel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of running a 225/35 Continental Extremecontact DWS on these. Reason being I drive upwards of 20k miles a year and I would like something with good wet traction. Wanted to go 235/35 but they don't offer it.

With the H&R springs will I have any camber issues causing abnormal tire wear? This car is my DD/baby hauler so I'm trying to balance looks and practicality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having the wheels (went with the silver MHT Wheels Inc.) toyo proxes 4 plus tires, H&R springs, and tint done tomorrow. Not sure why you had to wait 8 weeks on the wheels, had mine here in about 4 days. I'll post before and after pics tomorrow!

Looking to get some headlights next any recommendations?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Looking forward to pics of the new wheel set up, Ruby2.0T! And you will love the tint! :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Looks great! Awesome choice! Tint will definitely add that final touch!

So those pics are with the lowering springs installed, right? How much did you pay for the wheels and tires?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wheels and tires were right under $2k installed.

Definitely need to do something about those calipers now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sure did and they ride great. Still a comfortable ride but sportier. Biggest difference in ride is going from the 45 to 35 tire.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all. It was exactly the look I was going for. It's still very much a family car, but now it looks pretty cool. Headlights, Tail lights and tint should put the icing on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I liked that color better, but the silver looks much better on my car. Those look great on the white though

·
Registered
458 Posts
I like the look of the factory wheels on my sonata, any one know if they are available in Chrome instead of painted??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ruby2.0T, that is one very nice looking car! I wanted mine in red, but the deal I could get on a black Sonata was just too good to pass up.
Envy !!!! :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
I like the look of the factory wheels on my sonata, any one know if they are available in Chrome instead of painted??
I've seen replica wheel sites offering chrome versions, but I don't think there is an OEM chrome option.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts